jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many remote controls do you have?

1. itsameanoldscene profile image61
    itsameanoldsceneposted 7 years ago

How many remote controls do you have?

I have 5 remote controls in my home, how many do you have?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4807255_f260.jpg

2. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

I have 1 only.  It is getting much easier to program say an iphone for example, with all of your electronic devices.  Then, you can just use your phone for everything.

3. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Oh, my.  We have 3 Wii remotes, two dvd remotes, and three tv remotes...8... I also have a remote control to my house alarm, and then there are my children's remote-controlled vehicles!  Interesting question!

I'd love to learn to use my Droid for a remote -- not sure if it's an option, though.  I suppose I could look!

4. itsameanoldscene profile image61
    itsameanoldsceneposted 7 years ago

interesting, it never occured to me that childrens toys sometimes use remote controls, the question arose when I visited a friend a few nights ago & he had 8 remotes lined up on his coffee table - I found it quite bizarre, not his kind of OCD but how these can accumulate, I agree though with 'LeisureLife' regarding iPhone apps although I have yet to be tempted into an iPhone yet after listening to the problems a lot of my friends have with them...maybe one day when my living room floor is covered in remote controls ha!

5. julie58 profile image59
    julie58posted 7 years ago

Hmm, let me see ... Sky, XBox and dvd in the lounge, tv remote in the kitchen and tv/dvd remote in the bedroom.

Don't watch much tv, which is lucky as hubby usually has the remote!!!

6. skisy profile image82
    skisyposted 7 years ago

Hmm...too many! At least 10, of which at least 3 we do not even still own the device that it belonged to...yeh...probably should just get rid of those at some point.

working