jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What is your favorite kind of music, which is not from English-Speaking countrie

1. TimMEy profile image81
    TimMEyposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite kind of music, which is not from English-Speaking countries?

Hereby I mean different cultures like Russian, Turkish, Bolivian etc. You can also give examples like Bands from other countries or Genres you like but please attach youtube videos and/or a Band name, so that others have the chance to check the music out.

2. dyonder profile image80
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

Although not contemporary, the Israeli band the Witches from the 90s & the last decade of J-pop

3. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I like Eskimo Reggae music the best. ;-)

4. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

Sape' music from Borneo. Sape' is a musical instrument made of wood, it has strings like the guitar. And the sound it makes is almost like plucking the strings of a guitar. But the music itself is one of a kind.

5. mondejar2009 profile image59
    mondejar2009posted 6 years ago

I like Tokio Hotel which music is a bit of Brit pop and rock but aside from they sing in English they are really German in nature.

6. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Walk the calles of any town in Mexico and you will be cheered  by the magical melodies called Mariachi.  It has to the happiest, most uplifty,  harmoniest music in the world. 

Say a prayer that the horrible drug wars will end.  Maybe these drugs should be legalized and taxed in both Mexico and the United States.

7. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

flamenco baby!                                                                                  .

8. infodetective profile image59
    infodetectiveposted 6 years ago

Gnawa music or Music Gnawoui is very special and well paced...

9. jacoblee069 profile image57
    jacoblee069posted 6 years ago

I like Indian Hindi Music.... Love it ... smile

10. Ben Graves profile image82
    Ben Gravesposted 6 years ago

Electronic music, usually really chill stuff from all over Europe. Some from Russia too. They tend to make the lyrics in English well and, well, they just put out really good tunes.

11. Modibas profile image61
    Modibasposted 6 years ago

Well when it comes form non English speaking countries I guess I can only choose among Lithuanian music (since my other languages are not good enough to understand lyrics). Sadly majority of bands are extremely bad although some rock and folk artists are quite good. Since it is unlikely of you to understand Lithuanian I'd suggest you Vilkduja It's more about the rhythm than the words.

12. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I like Chinese music as well as that from the Peruvian Andes.

13. Melanie Trausch profile image60
    Melanie Trauschposted 6 years ago

I love, love, love the world music of Putumayo! 

14. profile image48
    kiki loves lukaposted 6 years ago

i like a russian song its a rap song called under the clouds but i can find the lyrics to memorize it

15. Dawit T profile image75
    Dawit Tposted 6 years ago

It must be Ethiopien music since I originate there. Even though I rarely listen to it now, and only used to do it as a child. But when I listen to it know it gives some kind of a connection with Ethiopia, and besides, It sounds pretty good.

16. profile image0
    johnnymnemonicposted 5 years ago

Celine Dion's early French albums, at the moment being.. Try this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-WoCsXrBA