jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is letting your child watch too many movies a good thing or a bad thing?

1. Linda Yang profile image61
    Linda Yangposted 7 years ago

Is letting your child watch too many movies a good thing or a bad thing?

2. mustbethemikey profile image78
    mustbethemikeyposted 7 years ago

I think kids should be encouraged to develop their interests at an early age. For myself, I don't know where I'd be if I didn't watch "too many movies" as a child. Film has been one of the great joys of my life, as well as my chosen vocation, and I'm grateful that my parents didn't try to limit my intake of movies in my younger years.

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

You answered your own question in the question.............Too many movies

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

It depends on how many movies is too many - one or two a week, maybe okay.  But watching life, or TV, or movies becomes a habit that is not easy to break.  We get the false impression we are living life by watching it on the tube and living vicariously through it. 

I don't think an excess of TV or movies is healthy unless it is moderated.

5. seoever profile image59
    seoeverposted 7 years ago

its a bad thing. also it depends on what kind of movies they are. I won't mind if its educational kind of movie.

6. keeponfalling profile image64
    keeponfallingposted 7 years ago

If there are informative and useful movies I think is oky but you don't have to allow your child to look at to many movies.

7. mplgmg profile image45
    mplgmgposted 7 years ago

It was a bad thing to letting child to watch so many films. Its OK to watched some several films for months with family by choosing selected films with them. But don't let the child to watch whatever film that they want.

8. cjcarter profile image74
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

Depends on what you mean by "too many." I actually end up watching probably 1 movie every other day or so, depending on the day. If it is something they enjoy, go ahead and let them watch. If it begins to influence their life outside the tube, maybe it's time to cut back. Everything in moderation.

working