jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

"Judas" by Lady Gaga: what's the big deal?

1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

"Judas" by Lady Gaga: what's the big deal?

I understand that the religious theme can be offensive, but if there can be an entire genre of music dedicated to Jesus (Christian Rock/Pop/etc), why is this one song such a huge controversy? Especially since Lady Gaga is known for her love of shocking people..

2. Fit4Lyfe profile image59
    Fit4Lyfeposted 6 years ago

people are going nuts over the fact that it's a biblical reference.

3. celebritie profile image84
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

All I can think of in this case is that controversy is what sells records these days.

4. profile image0
    SnowRoseposted 6 years ago

the song is really not that difficult to understand and it in no way bashes or discounts the significance of Christianity. The song is really about how she clings to Judas who was a greedy man and betrayed Christ for money. In the song she sings, 'Jesus is my virtue, and Judas is the demon I cling to.' All she is saying is she is saved because of Christ, but she still clings to materialistic things - like fame and money. At one point in the song she sings 'I am beyond repentance/Fame hooker, prostitute wench vomits her mind.' As a Christian you're not supposed to cling to worldy things, but our own human viewpoint gets in the way and causes us to fall in the sinful trap just like Judas.

5. F.B. Spannigan profile image61
    F.B. Spanniganposted 6 years ago

The song is a biblical metophore, and stupid people take it the wrong way.

working