jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Did you want to learn to play an instrument as a kid, but never had the chance?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

Did you want to learn to play an instrument as a kid, but never had the chance?

What's stopping you now?

2. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 6 years ago

No. I actually had the chance to learn a few instruments. Starting off with violin, I then progressed to trumpet, voice and piano.

When I attended college, I had the opportunity to add a few more instruments to my repertoire, including flugelhorn, french horn and marching french horn.

From concert band to marching band and from brass choir to jazz band to concert choir, I did and continue to appreciate every minute of instruction and creativity.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I wanted to play the guitar, but my parents couldn't afford lessons. I learned piano instead from an aunt.
    What's stopping me now? No time! When the kids are older, perhaps, I'll think about guitar lessons...

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I've always wanted to be able to play some kind of musical instrument, but I have no natural talent in that area so whenever i have tried, it is just too difficult.

5. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

When I was a kid, I wanted so much to be able to play the piano.  But my parents couldn't afford a piano and never had money for piano lessons.  When I grew up and could afford piano lessons, I did have some lessons but I found that I didn't have much time to practice.  What's stopping me now?  Nothing.  Although I still love listening to piano music, I've lost the interest to learn.  I always admire those who can play instruments, any instrument.  I love all kinds of music.. well, almost all.

6. hotwebideas profile image75
    hotwebideasposted 6 years ago

Hey Jeff Berndt, this is a great question. I ask my piano students this every day. I took piano lessons when I was 6 and saxophone lessons when I was 9 and never stopped. Now, I give piano lessons. Most of my family members have quit at childhood.

You know what? Most of my adult students started as kids and gave up. That desire to learn a musical instrument never goes away.

Great question!
    Bruce

7. clintonb profile image58
    clintonbposted 6 years ago

I also wanted to learn the drums and the guitar..too bad too bad couldnt afford it when I was young..now its too late!

1. Jeff Berndt profile image86
      Jeff Berndtposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why is it too late?

working