jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe the weathermen?

1. marymootoo profile image75
    marymootooposted 6 years ago

Do you believe the weathermen?

It's a tuesday afternoon and you begin to think about what you might do at the weekend. The weatherman says there is going to be some weather! But by the time the weekend arrives he has changed his mind. The metrological office has a massive computer to help them tell us what the weather will be  5 days in advance.
    Would this computer be better engaged letting us know what the lotto numbers might be!
    DO YOU BELIEVE THE WEATHERMEN?

2. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

Weather itself is an easily chaotic system, but there are legitimate methods for predicting the weather.  I find that the weather predictions are usually somewhat accurate.

3. justom profile image71
    justomposted 6 years ago

I'll quote Bob Dylan on this one "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Weather people are just blowhards trying to tell you something they can't even figure out (and they actually get paid to do it).

4. profile image0
    nikashi_designsposted 6 years ago

I agree, back 15 years ago, predicting the weather was a hit or miss lottery. With advances in technology plus the ability to create accurate models. Forecasting the weather has greatly improved. On many occasions human life has been saved because of these advancements.

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

I use my eyes...put the blinds up and look out of the window....and just in case my eyes deceive me I have a small umbrella permanently in my handbag and another in my car !!

6. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Absolutely NOT!  Being a weatherman is the only job in the entire world you can have, be totally wrong 80% of the time and still get a huge raise each year, and, you get to be on TV every night being wrong somemore.

working