jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you play your favourite instrument just for your own amusment, or do you nee

1. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

Can you play your favourite instrument just for your own amusment, or do you need an audience

I love just to sit and doodle with my guitar, sometimes I don't even play a song or tune.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4825076_f260.jpg

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

You definitely can, Tony. Depending upon how good you are, that may also be the best option! smile

I honestly believe that the actual playing of a musical instrument can be very relaxing and provide good therapy. I used to play piano accordion, keyboard and guitar. I know that my accordion and guitar are still stored at my brother's house (the keyboards are long since given away) but it must be about twenty-five years since the cases were opened - no exaggeration. I'm not sure if I would retain even the slightest ability... sad

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I love to just sit by myself and play the piano. It's like therapy for me after a busy day. I haven't played in front of an actual audience in years, but I do have two little faithful audience members who sit and listen  and even join in upon occasion. smile

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I'm a singer and I love singing, period.

5. marstoblog profile image74
    marstoblogposted 6 years ago

You definitely can, because i play the drums and like to just release energy and like to try new things just for my own satisfaction.

working