jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you feel about Ron Paul?

1. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about Ron Paul?

I am open minded I will accept all opinions.

2. Brian Anderson profile image87
    Brian Andersonposted 6 years ago

I like Ron Paul..  I like his common sense approach in how he explains things..

3. mortimerjackson profile image57
    mortimerjacksonposted 6 years ago

He is a devout libertarian, which is scary, because his ideals contradict with the beliefs of the majority in the country. He doesn't believe in providing government services such as healthcare, and has no inclination to support the US infrastructure other than to turn it into a free-for-all. Also, he wants to install a flat tax rate. This benefits no one but the rich. And he has implausible ideas about settling the country into a gold standard.

I feel like the only reason people like him is because he is, if nothing else, a man who believes in his principles. This is a rare trait in a politician. But just because the man wants to legalize marijuana does not make him qualified to be president.

Unfortunately, even less can be said of all the other candidates we have today. Current president included.

4. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Got one of the best records in Congress.  Appears to be about as honest a man as we're ever likely to see in National politics as well. A lot of things are bandied about on what he supposedly thinks or says about certain subjects but when you check in to what he really meant, many of them simply aren't correct.

5. Jared Zane Kessie profile image94
    Jared Zane Kessieposted 6 years ago

I find him entertaining because of his brutal honesty. It is refreshing, but just because he is honest doesn't qualify him for president. I feel that he is lacking substance, but I can't put a finger on why. Overall I am keeping an eye and ear out for him this round to gain a better understanding of what he is ultimately about.

6. TotallyDakota profile image54
    TotallyDakotaposted 6 years ago

I find him very attractive physically, but I am not sure about his ideas. I get the feeling that there is a lot of controversy lurking somewhere that may raise its head.