jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite play or musical?

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite play or musical?

Past or present, Shakespeare or Winnie Holzman (just examples) - there are so many to choose from. Which is your favorite?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

It's a combination of The Sound of Music and Wicked. They both are so wonderful.

3. dance790 profile image55
    dance790posted 6 years ago

I love Chicago, its a great musical. I own the movie and I have always wanted to see it on Broadway, I do not know if I ever will.

4. capricornrising profile image59
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Too many to choose from! But I can point to Shakespeare's King Lear and The Winter's Tale as favorite classic plays and Lloyd Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar and Sondheim's A Little Night Music as favorite musicals. In all cases, the authors are master storytellers and wordsmiths/music creators.

5. profile image50
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

My favorite musical is either Rocky Horror Picture Show or Tommy.

6. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 6 years ago

This is an easy one.  I have loved West Side story since I saw it in the movies as a kid.  I can still repeat lines from the show.

7. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

My favorite play would have to be Shakespeare's Hamlet. My favorite Broadway show/musical is The Phantom of the Opera, which I have seen on Broadway at least 7 times!

8. Jodi Mat profile image58
    Jodi Matposted 6 years ago

Hairspray! I tend to see myself as Tracy Turnblad always.

9. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 6 years ago

It's a tie based on staged plays.
    Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Arsenic & Old Lace.
    Movie: Grease...then Wizard of Oz.

And they're my favorites because I don't like musicals. So if these be the only musicals I've ever watched then they are my favorite one. smile

1. lewis goodman profile image58
      lewis goodmanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

this is the easiest question I have ever answered. SWEENEY TODD. its so good. you should see it some time.
      (PS: the homeless woman is actually Lucy Barker. just saying)

10. Craeft profile image82
    Craeftposted 4 years ago

"Falsettos" for musical.  Hands down.

Play?  That's a toss up with a weird dichotomy.  Either Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" or Sam Shepherd's "Angel City."

working