jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What movie has had the most impact on your life?

1. lucmaata profile image64
    lucmaataposted 6 years ago

What movie has had the most impact on your life?

2. Marlena Oechsner profile image60
    Marlena Oechsnerposted 6 years ago

Fight Club. Every one-liner in that movie is an inspirational quote and testament to live by. My favorite is still "the things you own end up owning you." Unfortunately, it's been pretty difficult to live by.

3. samanthamayer profile image70
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Atonement. We all know lies and betrayal are wrong, but the film shows us just how devastating an impact they can have on innocent people. It was one of the most shocking films I had seen in a while, I had to write a hub about it! It honestly sticks in my mind to this day.

4. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Ghostbusters. I spent years 2-15 training to become a ghostbuster. You have no idea how heartbroken I was when I learned Tobin's Spirit Guide wasn't a real book.

5. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

P S I Love you. In simple words, this movie taught me to get over your love. I went through same situation.

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Tough question!

I love movies, and depending on my mood, I feel moved by one or more of them -- inspired by their message, their artistry and their vision.

For comradeship -- Das Boot -- I've seen it more than a dozen times and in 4 different formats.

For spirituality -- What Dreams May Come -- Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr. still give me goosebumps of joy.

For universality -- Star Wars -- When I saw it at Mann's Chinese theater in Hollywood, I nearly melted in my chair when the two starships went overhead in the opening scene. I was hooked.

For innocence and humility -- Being There -- Peter Sellers' best movie, in my estimation.

For adventure -- Forbidden Planet -- cheesy dialog didn't stop this from captivating my imagination for the last 55 years.

There are more, but I think I'll write a hub or two.

7. KaisMom profile image82
    KaisMomposted 6 years ago

The Wizard of Oz has been in my life since day one. Whenever I feel helpless or stuck, I remind myself that I'm "wearing the ruby slippers." It changes my perception which changes my life.