jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone have advice for maintaining, strengthening and improving your singin

1. MosLadder profile image87
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have advice for maintaining, strengthening and improving your singing voice?

2. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

There is a hubber by the name of vocalcoach
    voice lessons are her specialty - she hubs about it

3. MosLadder profile image87
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Hey missolive! I know, I put the question to her first, but in case she doesn't get to it and to get a spectrum of opinion, ...

4. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Practice every day, but do not strain your voice.  I practice by doing scales and when my voice starts to reach its limit, I stop and go back down the scale.  Once your voice is warmed-up, sing a few songs.  Recording yourself sing is much like dancing in front of a mirror--you can edit based on how you were when you first sung the song.  Make sure you are breathing from the diaphragm and possibly get yourself a vocal coach to help too (vocalcoach has hubs that are great too).  I hope these tips help, but I suggest you get a teacher so they can lead the exercises.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

5. Wonder Referrals profile image37
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

You can maintain a good singing voice if you do the following;
    1. Find a good vocal coach to help you with the voice scale
    and that coach also would be able to help you reach notes
    that you normally would not reach.
    2. Don't strain your voice when singing
    3. Avoid smoking because it damages the vocal cords.

6. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 6 years ago

Good advice no doubt given by everyone but something a lot of people are not aware of is simply grow a taste for and suck a lot of lemons. Many professionals like Madonna, Streisand and our own Celine Dion have said lemons help keep the vocal chords open and sharp. BUT personally I sang for years in a local band and all  they ever did is help me me to burp. L O L !!  Best of luck

working