Why do some people love pop music and some people hate it? Is there a middle gro

1. Jake4102 profile image84
    Jake4102posted 6 years ago

Why do some people love pop music and some people hate it? Is there a middle ground?

It seems like people either absolutely love or absolutely hate pop music. Why is it like that? Is there a middle ground with people's opinions on pop music?

2. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

I feel more like I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to pop music. Sometimes I really hate what's out there but other times I absolutely love it. Depends on the artist really. For the most part, I can listen to pop as long as it's certain artists and I'm in the right mood.

Personally, those people I know of who absolutely hate pop just do so because they're on their high horse about music in general and have this attitude like pop is beneath them just because it's more mainstream than what they listen to. Those who love it seem to be stereotyped as the kinds of crowds who just follow what's popular, something I don't completely agree with.

In the end, to answer your question, I would say that there is a middle ground when it comes to whether or not someone loves or hates pop music. I just think those who absolutely hate it or love it are maybe a little more vocal than those who really feel right in the middle in their own opinion.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

though i like some of it, like any other form of art, it's not for everyone. the biggest problem with pop music is that it requires little talent so true music lovers tend to laugh at it.