jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are your favorite children's albums? Ideally, ones that don't make adults c

1. buckleupdorothy profile image81
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite children's albums? Ideally, ones that don't make adults crazy if played often

2. Theeyeballkid profile image77
    Theeyeballkidposted 5 years ago

There are a couple of cds out from the band "They might be giants"  called here comes the abcs and here come the 123s which are very listenable. Its basically childrens content set to adults music. My son used to play the album non stop and I quite like it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQx5JuQHDo

3. buckleupdorothy profile image81
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

They Might Be Giants are (is?) great - the videos also. If you like them, I can recommend "The Bottle Let Me Down" which has folks like Jon Langford on it.

4. rocknrollcowboy profile image72
    rocknrollcowboyposted 5 years ago

Kidz Bop are fun and my kids love the albums and I can tolerate them

5. flvrfndr profile image60
    flvrfndrposted 5 years ago

There are lots of great options out there!  As many people have mentioned, They Might Be Giants have some great CD's (Here Come the ABCs and Here Come the 123s) which kids and adults can both enjoy.

For Bedtime, the Rock a Bye Baby line of CDs is really interesting.  Each CD takes a poplular band- The Beatles, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Madonna, etc - and instrumentalizes the music to give it that nursery feel.  You end up with some soothing music that sounds like songs you know and love.

In the pure kids genre, the new Fresh Beat Band plays some really catching tunes.  Kids love to watch the show and their new CD is update.  The singers are quite good- you may even find yourself listening when the kids are out of the car.

Lastly, on the world music side, Dan Zanes, formerly of the Del Fuegos, plays some fun danceable music that parents can enjoy too.

We've all had our share of listening to the LIttle People, Barney and Dora - it's nice to balance it out with music parents can enjoy too!

working