jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Who is your favorite children's book author?

1. Childerns Books profile image58
    Childerns Booksposted 8 years ago

Who is your favorite children's book author?

I love all the stories by the Brothers Grimm.

2. cocopreme profile image94
    cocopremeposted 8 years ago

Though he only wrote one series for kids, my favorite would have to be C.S. Lewis who wrote the The Chronicles of Narnia.

3. star1079 profile image55
    star1079posted 8 years ago

I really enjoy reading Eileen Christelow's Five Little Monkey books to my kids, they really seem to enjoy the rhyming and that the books make them laugh.

4. Imogen H profile image55
    Imogen Hposted 8 years ago

I would have to go with Roald Dahl, I grew up on his stuff and still love his stories even today, lots of his stories are good for adults too, and some are kind of dark. My favourite one is called Lamb to the Slaughter, and is about a women who kills her husband with a frozen leg of lamb, and then cooks and feeds it to the policemen when they come round. Obviously thats not a children's one, but he also wrote The BFG, James and the Giant Peach, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

5. profile image44
    Amandamic21posted 8 years ago

I grew up in he 60's. We had little money and took few vacations. The public libray offered a magical land of adventure. As a child, I loved reading The Boxcar Children series by Gertrude Chandler.
         I also loved  The Happy Hollisters series by Jerry West. These book were full of adventure and excitement. The families in these books traveled to all kinds of different places and had all kinds of experiences.

6. Silver Poet profile image74
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

C.S. Lewis, Maurice Sendak, Margaret Wise Brown, Dr. Seuss, Syd Hoff, E.B. White

7. Sam Verb profile image61
    Sam Verbposted 7 years ago

I loved Roald Dahl as a child, but as a parent my current favourite children's authors are Charles Fuge and Nick Butterworth.

8. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Brothers Grimm (Grimm's fairy tales) ......  ......... .........  ......

9. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 7 years ago

Mo Williams!!  My first graders love Piggie and Gerald!!

10. TreasuresByBrenda profile image70
    TreasuresByBrendaposted 7 years ago

That's a hard question!

I love Harry Potter so I'd say J.K. Rowling is up there in my favorites. I also like Sandra Boynton and Laura Numeroff...and numerous others.

11. isabelamadaun profile image60
    isabelamadaunposted 5 years ago

I love all of Roald Dahl's work, but I also love Diana Wynne Jones, who also happens to be my most favorite author ever.  She wrote Howl's Moving Castle and the Chronicles of Chrestomanci.  They are so funny and lighthearted that you feel better just by reading them.

working