jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do we watch Jerry Springer if we know it's fake?

1. KeithJK profile image60
    KeithJKposted 6 years ago

Why do we watch Jerry Springer if we know it's fake?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6203380_f260.jpg

2. Vamp97 profile image56
    Vamp97posted 6 years ago

Well if I knew it was fake I would still watch it because it's hilarious, but I think it's real, why do you think its fake?

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I don't watch it!  I think it is a rediculous show, I would not waste my time watching it!

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would not watch it, it exploits the worst in the human being.  No thanks.  Fake or not, I can't stomach it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit, Jerry Springer is FAKE? Oh my god, this changes everything... my entire world view is shattered.

6. KeithJK profile image60
    KeithJKposted 6 years ago

The Springer Show and his newer game-show "Baggage" is clearly staged if you notice how his comments and props conveniently appear at the right times. They're all "paid" actors and actresses who will sometimes get paid extra if they take shots before they go out. Having said that, I think people still watch it because it's brainless humor like another scripted show, Jersey Shore.

7. profile image50
    Linda Chicagoposted 6 years ago

I have worked at the Springer show for 18 years and guess what...IT IS NOT FAKE and WE DO NOT PAY OUR GUESTS!!!

8. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Back in 1995, I read of a case where a man confessed to his wife he had slept with the babysitter.  The woman cried even while the taping of the show was not going on.  The next day, Jerry Springer found out the man and his wife, as well as the babysitter and her boyfriend, were a comedy acting troupe from Canada.  He sued them!

working