jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever gone to a movie solo?

1. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

Have you ever gone to a movie solo?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

No..and I had only gone to dinner at a fine restaurant alone once...only so I can tell myself that I can go alone..It was fascinating.

3. wayseeker profile image93
    wayseekerposted 5 years ago

Yep.  It was Batman, The Dark Knight, but my wife had no interest in it and we didn't have much money at the time.  With great shame, I share the fact that I ditched work at the pizza joint I was working in at the time and went to the movie.  Being alone at the theater was, as msorensson said, fascinating...minus the guilt, of course.  I'd like to try it again sometime without sneaking around about it. 

I like alone time.

4. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Many times!  I most often went to movies on my own when I lived in Seattle.  They have a great movie festival there, and I always wanted to see more movies than did my friends.  I've eaten alone in restaurants many times as well, especially when traveling.  A good hint for solo movie watching or dining:  take a book or your journal.

5. thebiologyofleah profile image92
    thebiologyofleahposted 5 years ago

I go to the movies alone when it's a film no one I know whats to see- I don't know if I'd go alone on a friday night (but then again I don't like going on weekend nights due to the crowds anyway) but I go alone to matinees. It's funny that we are all brainwashed to think we have to go to the movies with others but we aren't supposed to talk during the movie anyway so if everyone went solo it'd be a lot quieter in there!

6. profile image60
    bluebayposted 5 years ago

yes, I have gone to a movie alone many times. I find the movie just as  enjoyable.I love all different types of movies.Going to a movie theatre is the best way to watchany show.

7. cookies4breakfast profile image59
    cookies4breakfastposted 5 years ago

Many times!  I don't really like to go to movie theatres that much now, but when I lived in Chicago, there was a grand, old movie palace in my neighborhood that had seen much better days.  It was only a dollar or two to get in, and I would go on my day off every week while my boyfriend was working.