Do you still like to go out to watch a movie, or do you prefer to stay home and

1. writtenbylv profile image60
    writtenbylvposted 5 years ago

Do you still like to go out to watch a movie, or do you prefer to stay home and watch it on TV/DVD?

2. cornerkick99 profile image60
    cornerkick99posted 5 years ago

To me, there's nothing like being at the theatre watching a movie on the big screen with surround sound and in your face action...oh, and a tub of deliciously smelling popcorn!!  I remember as a kid my father took us to the movies all the time.  Well, it felt like all the time.  In any case, that has stuck with me and I try to take my kids to the movies as often as possible.  Unfortunately, it's getting expensive and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to justify the expense when we have Netflix and Redbox technology bringing movies to the house so much cheaper.  I guess I'll just have to run by the local theatre and pick up some popcorn to go!!

3. writtenbylv profile image60
    writtenbylvposted 5 years ago

Thank you Conerkick99 for such a detailed response.  I too feel the same way about going out to the movies, but lately it's getting pretty expensive to go, even for one person.  It is so much easier and cheaper to watch from the comfort of my own home.  My concern comes from the fact that several movies that were supposed to be great hits recently, didn't do well at the box offices at all.  This makes me think that more people are staying home.  I'm writing a book that is designed to be a motion picture, but I'm concerned about how it will be affected by the lastest changes in technology and trends. Thanks again for your insight!

working