jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone regularly follow the AMC TV series, "Mad Men"? If so, what do you th

1. healthwriterbob profile image83
    healthwriterbobposted 5 years ago

Does anyone regularly follow the AMC TV series, "Mad Men"? If so, what do you think of it?

2. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

I watched the first season of Mad Men but found it infuriating. I really think it's geared towards guys more than girls.

3. annaglomesh profile image60
    annaglomeshposted 5 years ago

I have watched Mad Men from the beginning and am following season 5 now. I absolutely love it. A lover of vintage furniture, fashion, accessories it is a visual feast  for me. I think the writing is brilliant as are the characters. Obviously it is a man's world but let's face it was in the 50's and the women are slowly coming into their own now that we are in the 60's in season 5. It is my favourite show without a doubt ... love Don, Roger and Joan.

4. charliecrews38 profile image90
    charliecrews38posted 4 years ago

i love the show, its very entertaining, witty and compelling, as a student of history the whole 60s era is a fascinating place, i've watched the first six seasons and grown to love most of the characters, some people say its too slow, too sexist or only for guys, i disagree, i find the pacing refreshing and there are plenty of great things to see, the show starts in March 1960 and sexism was prevalent back then, so for anyone who can't get passed the first season i would recommend giving the rest of the show a chance, as Peggy and Joan get more developed as characters (and get more storylines) you definitely see changes throughout the seasons, you see their struggles against the system and in some cases their successes, the main thing is that you have some kind of fondness for Don Draper then you will enjoy his journey and the show, he's the main focus but there are a host of other great characters to enjoy

1. healthwriterbob profile image83
      healthwriterbobposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Charlie,
      Don is the focus, but in the last season the dynamic interplay among the staff copywriters--Michael Ginsburg, Harry Crane, Ken Cosgrove--has been really entertaining. Let's not forget about Roger Sterling. He adds a lot to the show.

2. charliecrews38 profile image90
      charliecrews38posted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes, Roger is a joy every week, by the way, harry crane is head of media and ken is an account executive, I don't think they write copy, anyway i know what you mean though, their interplay is always great, so many interesting characters

working