jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Did music help shape you who you are today?

1. mrpudgy profile image85
    mrpudgyposted 6 years ago

Did music help shape you who you are today?

Music has an intense grip on many people! Some people listen to music because they like the "beat" and others listen to music because it helps describe themselves and it relates to their lives. Did music help shape you into who you are today? Did music inspire you to bring about a change in your life or to try something new?

2. Xenonlit profile image62
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! My Dad was a jazz musician and all of us played an instrument. Singing and violin were my thing.

I loved the idea of practicing until the sound, expression and rhythm were perfect. Now that I'm much...much older, I enjoy working on my own jazz compositions.

Mastering a form of music prepares a person for a lot of challenges in life. Carrying on with music is a great escape from the challenges in life.

1. Xenonlit profile image62
      Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the  best answer choice! This is a real honor!

3. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I love music and always have.  I took piano lessons as a kid, and I made sure my three kids had plenty of exposure to music, including learning to play more than one instrument.  It's always been in my life in one way or another.

However, I can't say music has done a thing to shape who/what I am today.  I don't know...   I've pretty much been the same person all my life.  I've never really been very "shape-able".

4. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

Music has had an enriching impact on my life. I fell in love with it at the age of 8 and have never looked back. Listening to many genres and eras has opened my mind and increased my appreciation for art and the people who put their lives into their craft.

5. Gio Rodriguez profile image58
    Gio Rodriguezposted 5 years ago

Without music I wouldn't be sure what kind of person I would be today. Music helps me express myself and it helps me live throughout the days.

working