jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do most hard-working and well-educated people do not seem to get ahead?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

Why do most hard-working and well-educated people do not seem to get ahead?

2. michememe profile image76
    michememeposted 5 years ago

Just because they have these education and work hard doesn't mean they have other factors. It takes more than these things to move forward. The first thing is checking your ego. Ego, has been a downfall for many people. I think the best way to get ahead is to stay humble and be compassionate towards others. Well, this have worked for me.

3. Super Lux profile image61
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

hey i wonder why too. maybe because they're too focused on what they do and believe in they barely recognize opportunities knocking. or they're contented to where they are and what they do.  i don't know.  it also crossed my mind before.

4. Sun Pen 50 profile image78
    Sun Pen 50posted 5 years ago

About a half of those who do not get ahead others are not interested in doing so. The first thing for doing anything is the desire for doing it. If they are not interested of getting ahead of somebody then, why others think it is a problem.

5. Alexander Mark profile image84
    Alexander Markposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, we live in an upside down world that rewards lying and other shady practices. I have noted in a past job and my current one that those who work the least and care the least about the job but keep showing up, are treated the best. At my last job I had to resort to lazy behavior because my boss treated me worse and worse the harder I worked. I got sick of it and started not to care and he bothered me less and liked me more and more.

I have to add a recent story. A coworker who comes in and does her job recently received "counseling" and had to sign a piece of paper that went into her record because there was a mere miscommunication about a day off she requested. Later, the manager who issued the counseling, accused her of playing the system. She was rightfully outraged because she comes in on time and does her job while several coworkers leave their posts, GET DRUNK and leave early when they have to do hard work. These people are never confronted directly, but instead a blanket statement is given to all of us not to leave our posts and a warning about taking routine sick days at the end or beginning of our weekends. Yet the person who does what they are supposed to are chastised over a tiny mistake.

The problem is that evil people are in charge and they care more about whether they can get along with you than your professionalism and sacrifice. No wonder nothing gets accomplished in the work place! It's sick but true.

1. Alexander Mark profile image84
      Alexander Markposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am having a problem editing my answer, so I'll add the modification here:

I have to add a recent story. A coworker who comes in and does her job recently received "counseling" and had to sign a piece of paper that went into her record because the

working