jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best Horror movie made?

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

What is the best Horror movie made?

2. netslums profile image84
    netslumsposted 5 years ago

The Exorcist? It's obviously a matter of opinion, but The Exorcist was considered the scariest movie of all time by a lot of different sources for awhile. Not sure I agree...but then again I don't really find scary movies "scary"...mostly just humorous in their attempt at frightening me.

milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree that I usually find them funny except for the original "House on the Left" the remake for some reason just didn't hold a candle to the first. I love the old horrors such as the "Howlings"  "Carrie" ect.

2. netslums profile image84
      netslumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh definitely. Carrie is a classic. I recently watched The Devil Inside...and I almost cried at how bad it was...

3. vturp90 profile image60
    vturp90posted 5 years ago

I know I might catch flak for this but I have a certain, peculiar love for the movie "House of 1000 Corpses" by Rob Zombie. I know it's demented but it's my favorite. Run rabbit run!

milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lol... That is actually my husband's favorite too. Glad to see it's not just him

4. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

Depending on your age the choices for a great Horror movie would probably be quite varied. Speaking for the "mature" representatives of your readers I would say the Exorcist was one of the scariest because of the  great visual effects and the screenplay which was excellent. I would also give honorable mention to the Blair Witch Project. It was a film that was short on visual effects but scored very high on the emotional scale. Imagination was certainly required with this film and perhaps that is why it was so effective and scary.

5. wishforall profile image39
    wishforallposted 5 years ago

No, Exorcist is not the most horror film it is said because it was made in 1973. It was the most horror one at that time but now things have changed. According to me the most bloodiest and and horror films are series of SAW and Scream series.
    Check more: http://wishforall.hubpages.com/hub/10-B … ror-Movies

working