jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

What is the scariest horror movie of all time ?

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

What is the scariest horror movie of all time ?

2. dinkan53 profile image79
    dinkan53posted 6 years ago

I personally like Paranormal Activity directed by Oren Peli.

3. Garlonuss profile image80
    Garlonussposted 6 years ago

Well, scariest is a bit hard to define for me. But for my money, the BEST scary movie is the 1980 George C. Scott movie, "The Changeling". I watch it every year for Halloween and it still manages to give me chills.

4. profile image0
    andycoolposted 6 years ago

In fact there are so many for me, that's why I wrote a hub on it. Top 10 scariest movies of all time: http://andycool.hubpages.com/hub/top-10 … f-all-time

But if I've to choose one I would select "The Ring". Get the info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ring_(2002_film)

5. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I am a huge horror movie fan and I think the scariest movie ever is The Ring.  It actually gave me nightmares, and considering I am never scared of any horror movies, that is quite an achievement.  I would have to say Insidious does come in second as being most scary.

6. B. Ferguson profile image59
    B. Fergusonposted 6 years ago

I think it really depends on when you saw the movie. Although I've seen a lot of good horror movies as an adult, I don't really consider them scary. Paranormal Activity, for example, I found extremely boring. Perhaps had I seen it as a child I would have found it scary. As far as movies that scared me as a child, I'd have to say The Exorcist, The Shining, and A Nightmare on Elm Street were the scariest back then. Some of the best horror movies I've seen in recent years include Drag Me to Hell, Let Me In, Ringu, and [REC].

7. Xenonlit profile image62
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

Alien. Nothing like it had been done before, none of my friends would talk about it, so I refused to see it for two years!

8. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

It's got to be The Blair Witch Project. I'm not sure if it's classed as a horror, but it's the scariest film I've ever watched.

9. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

I agree with a few people on here, Blair Witch Project was really eerie and gave me chills at the end when the guy was stood in the corner. The Ring freaks me out, especialy when she's climbing out of the TV, Arghhh!! Best recent horrors i have seen are Insidious which i expected to be rubbish but turned out to be one of the best. I love any horror that keeps you guessing, but the ones with possessed or demen children in freak me out lol. I also like 'The Orphan' but i think that is more of a thriller.

10. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

The 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As someone who loves scary movies it is hard to make me jump but this movie literally made me scream bloody murder and just about wake up the entire building. I love it.

11. FreezeFrame34 profile image77
    FreezeFrame34posted 5 years ago

I remember being totally scared of bees for the longest time after watching Candy Man in the early '90s.

I was totally freaked out after watching the movie, The Rite.

12. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

I still believe the original exorcist is the scariest movie I have ever seen and I've seen literally thousands of horror movies, but no movie monster creeps me out quite like that little head spinning, snot-nosed brat Regan.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me, too!