jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you listen to Music Covers on YouTube?

1. josh3418 profile image79
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

Do you listen to Music Covers on YouTube?

I have recently begun a music tribute series which I use to pay tribute to Cover Artists on YouTube. These artists are very talented, but just not well known outside of the YouTube Realm. I enjoy listening to Music Covers becuase they provide me with a change in musical scenery. What I mean by this is these Covers have a different voice and style.  I enjoy the actual song and singer, but it is good to change things up every now and then, So, I am wondering, "Do you listen to Music Covers?" Why or Why not?

2. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I have been reading your hubs, plus my son will send me links, so yes I listen to music on You Tube now, but this has been pretty recent for me.

1. josh3418 profile image79
      josh3418posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pamela,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your response. I have just been wondering lately whether people listen to Music Covers or not.

3. rcrumple profile image81
    rcrumpleposted 5 years ago

You gotta be kidding....  original only.  Sorry!

4. bockshiner profile image82
    bockshinerposted 5 years ago

Yes I listen to covers on YouTube. Especially if it's really different. I also listen to ukulele covers.

1. msLarayne profile image72
      msLarayneposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is a guy who does covers with his ukulele and guitar: Gabebondoc. And I have a series of acoustic covers, just me and that sweet guitar!: LarayneMusic

5. msLarayne profile image72
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

I sure do! I do acoustic covers on youtube as well! It's great seeing all the creativity and the different ways people can interpret a song. www.youtube.com/laraynemusic

6. msLarayne profile image72
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

Watching music covers on youtube is great, but creating them is even more fun!  Acoustic covers take the cake! read more

7. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Sorry, once a version hits my spinal cord, *usually* the original, nothing else will do.  Generally, I despise covers, and, but for a few now recorded examples (like the Cranberries' Dreams played live one year in Paris), live performances of the studio take.

working