jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Why is Hollywood still making Resident Evil movies?

1. profile image0
    SkeetyDposted 5 years ago

Why is Hollywood still making Resident Evil movies?

2. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

Probably the same reason they keep making the games, Zombies sell. Resident Evil is one of the most popular zombie movies ever.

1. profile image0
      SkeetyDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

True but at some point in time doesn't the story become stale and boring?

2. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Definitely I love zombie movies but I'm very burnt out on Resident Evil. As you said, it's gotten very stale

3. Mitch Alan profile image82
      Mitch Alanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't need to get stale. Think of Action & Detective Comics...both have been around since the 1930's and Superman and Batman are still very popular. Consider Sherlock Holmes who has been around even longer. "Stale" relates to quality, not longe

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I agree with DS. Also, there are a lot of Resident Evil game fans that will continue to buy tickets as long as they continue to release the movies. I know I'll be buying mine! I'd rather see a zombie movie than the 5782346532476th remake of a super hero flick.

1. profile image0

Rotfl at the super hero comment.

4. Mitch Alan profile image82
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

They will make them until the consumer stops consuming them. If it sells it will be produced. It does not need to get "stale" as you put it.  Think of Action & Detective Comics...both have been around since the 1930's and Superman and Batman are still very popular. Consider Sherlock Holmes who has been around even longer. "Stale" relates to quality, not longevity.

1. profile image0

Very true Mitch.  Quality is not really a deciding factor.  I'm not saying that the resident evil movies don't have any quality but I am amazed that the franchise has gone on this long.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

because they ROCK. i love the movies, in fact they are one of my favorites.

1. profile image0

Thank you for your comments.  How many more do you think they will make?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

i'm hoping at least 5 more. it's one of the few movie sets that never seems to lose it's appeal

6. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

When a movie is successful they often make another one.  They will probably keep making them until the star of the film no longer wants to star in them or they run out of good ideas.  I think her husband makes the movies.  Personally I plan on watching the new movie and have liked all the Resident Evil movies so far.  It is not like the Batman movies that seemed to keep getting worse and worse.  I am referring to the older Batman movies.

1. profile image0

Thank you for your comments.  What do you think of the plot of the movies?

Closed to reply

working