jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Is hubpages becoming a religious site?

1. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

Is hubpages becoming a religious site?

i'm noticing more and more religious questions on here. I think a big reason is that people actually believe the world ends this year but it still seems like this site is full of religious nuts.

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I really hope not. Yes, there are always religious questions. However, I believe those questions bring up too many fights and ruin some of the fun on Hubpages.

3. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I sure hope not!  None of my hubs are on religion, nor do I read any hubs on religion... if it gets "converted" I would have to go somewhere else smile

To each their own on that one ~ believe what you want & all of that jazz, just don't push it on everyone because not everyone wants to believe the same way you do.  We each have our own beliefs for a reason.  Maybe I like mine just fine.  Maybe I know more about yours than you do and choose mine because I feel it is more enlightening, more right, or right for me.... (the term "I" being universal, not personal self)

Anyway, it isn't what I'm here for & isn't something I would stick around for.  If it is just the "end of the world" craze ~ hopefully in January 2013 they will chill back out smile

4. Peanutritious profile image61
    Peanutritiousposted 5 years ago

I've noticed this too. I used to read forums about it but they just seem to become slanging matches. Usually irate christians quoting the bible to atheists and long winded 'i believe in this so i'm superior to you etc'. It gets tiresome and repetitive after a while. I avoid religious forums like the plague now. Neither side will agree so  I say, just leave them to it!

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

There do seem to be a lot of religioso's here, but I'm doing my best to counteract them. I'm trying to bring as much Satan to HubPages as possible by writing almost exclusively about heavy metal music and horror movies...heh heh heh...

(KIDDING, folks... I'm KIDDING!)

1. Mom Kat profile image81
      Mom Katposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LMAO - OMG this made my day!  You're funny smile

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I don't know about a religious site, but it's turning into a crap site, it all just seems commercial, with many inane questions that by the observed lack of response by the questers, they weren't interested in answers, just asking questions for the sake of it.  I suppose, that upon reflection, there are, at times, an excessive amount of religious questions on here, it looks like the fanatics want to take over the site.

7. MamaTschet profile image77
    MamaTschetposted 5 years ago

Religion and Politics are a focus right now it seems.  Perhaps because of the election coming up and the buzz about religion and it's role, this has stirred more conversation in that direction.