Do We Think The Public Wronged Michael Jackson?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Shealy Healy profile image61
    Shealy Healyposted 14 years ago

Many judged a man for his oddity. Now, this man is deceased. Suddenly, those who thought him guilty of public accusations charged against him-suddenly these same people who judged so freely-they love him. Did the public wrongly judge? Is the public too cruel? And, will we, the public, be kinder due to the lesson, the death of Michael Jackson?

1. samsbr profile image39
      samsbrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No i dont think so that public wronged. while  Michaele Jackson was alive in that also people love him like crazzy its not true that becoz of his death people kinder we are always love him and he always in our mind he is an Immortal personality.

2. bukan profile image60
      bukanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Public they never being liable for the things what is happening right now, because the public does not know everything what they see on the TV and other media sources. Media is the main responsible for this because they think that they are right what they trying to show. But they have no right to paralize the publics mental health, MJ is still having for every peoples soul. No doubt he is a great person.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Shealy,

I saw your post and thought I would give my thoughts. How ever, my assessment isn't really the direct blame of the public. It did have a role, but not without reaching judgement with a little assistance from the media, both TV and News print. Not to mention, the Internet.

All the negative press, which was orchestrated by the media and newspapers, from all around the country, showed him in the most worse aspect, to damage his creditability. Why? Is a question to ask. I would tell you, but your not likely to believe me. So, I'll let you ponder that.

Secondly, people in general, and yes I'm categorizing everyone in one-lump pot, per se. I do so, because when it comes to human behavior, it's easier to get someone to mistrust someone than it is to get them to trust them. Trust is a rare commodity most people don't give up easily.

They trust themselves to make good decisions, how ever, even with that said- it is the 'perception' that is distorted, before people can make judgement on anything.

Well, that's my take on it. I personally, never believed what was said.

3. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

The public will never know the Actual truth. Yes, those who are Rich and in the public eye will be extorted for money.....but I just hope Michael will rest in peace. His music was unbelievable and he was a talent that was amazing.
    The rest...I hope it was just that, extortion. I choose not to judge, since I was NOT a witness to the events accused.

4. TimTurner profile image68
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

A 13yo correctly described his genitals and his birthmark down there.  Remember that?

Who know how the kid knew but MJ was a troubled soul that had talent.

5. jobister profile image59
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

I don't think the public is as responsible as the media is to blame. If not for the media we the public would not be bombarded with outrageous stories, some even half truth. People are crucified for ratings on a daily basis and some people think any publicity is good publicity. So with that I would blame our media, our society for obsessing over celebrities and the whole mind set that celebs can do no wrong. If we didn't obsess over the daily lives of people living in the limelight we would no longer be bombarded with their up to the minute antics. I think Michael was just as responsible as the public with not telling everything out right.

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't really think his death made people love him if they didn't think much of him before.  I think it's more a matter of a lot of people not wanting to speak "ill" of the dead.  After all, he's gone.  Why keep it up about the old charges.

The public can be cruel when someone is only charged with something, and when the charges seem legitimate; but Michael Jackson, himself, brought a lot of the public suspicion on by admitting, on tv, that he had children in his bedroom and gave them wine.  He also brought it on when you'd see him "talk regular" somewhere, but then "talk nicey-nice" when being interviewed.  His choices to do some things seen as "weird" were his choices to make, but they didn't help when it came to people thinking, "Sure, this person seems 'off' enough to be guilty."  It didn't help him that there was money paid to the accusers, either.  He may have been guilty of nothing other than handling the situation wrong and making no attempt to come across in a way that caused people to doubt his guilt; but I think the public's tendency to suspect he was guilty, or at least tendency to think he was 'off' mentally was largely his own doing.  The media covered those "doings", and sometimes public people actually call in the media for their own purposes.  I don't blame the media.   I don't think the public cared much how weird he was until those charges were made, and then he didn't do much to make himself look innocent.

7. Shealy Healy profile image61

I feel so many people have become so cruel-so insensitive to others. We don't seem to realize...

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

it is the price of being a celebrity, but people always are easy to criticize without understanding other people

9. Shealy Healy profile image61

Okay guys, it is looking more and more like Michael was accused wrongly. I am an intuitive professionally and spiritually too. You see I posted this question yesterday-the day before Evan Chandler, the father of the 13 year old boy who accused Michael Jackson-committed suicide. Only hours after I posted this  Michael Jackson question Evan Jackson showed the world that Michael was wrongly accused. This is just the beginnng of the lesson's of Michael Jackson. Yesterday, hours before the suicide-I wrote a hub all about it. Look on Shealy Healy hub pages to read it. For me-those predictions happen all of the time. So, I am not trying to market myself. But, I am trying to market-kindness. We are just way to cruel.

Shealy Healy

10. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I have no idea what he was up to, but I do know that if a normal guy was in his place, his story would have taken on a whole new turn.  Either way, none of that matters anymore.  He is dead and him and all of his music should be left alone to rest in peace.

11. Shealy Healy profile image61

Thank you for posting at this time of the morning. But, do you see the unfolding of Michael Jackson's death wish. Through his death he will show the world that we humans need to be better than we have been. The fact that his past accuser just commimtted suicide a few hours ago is just one step in the process that will unfold in the near future. I decided to get involved in this because Michael Jackson was so popular-I could use my gift of intuition to help others to see what Michael Jackson would have wanted them to see.

12. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

MJ was forced from a very young age to be in the public's eye.  Because of this, and more because of the people that raised him, and all the things that he went through (the book about the story of this childhood was unbelievable)he was not only extremely talented, but extremely crippled emotionally.  This was obvious to me by the way he lived his life.  I believe he never matured past the age of 12 or so yrs old.  This would also explain his drug problems.  We are not here to judge one another, but some feel so superior because of their inferiourities that they must point their fingers.  Also, the media must keep the news that is pumped into our homes, based on a rating chart instead of what should be heard.  All these things combined, were stacked against him from a very young age.  Where is compasion? and were is someone like this supposed to find friendship when it would appear that nobody could be trusted, not even his parents.  Thus, why he kept his charished children with masks on, so nobody could treat them in any kind of way.

13. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 14 years ago

I think MJ got it the other way than this thread intended.

Somehow a picture of a wronged man who just loved children and was unfortunately blackmailed for money has become plausible to some people

The man has enormous wealth and was able to buy his way out of the consequences of his deviant and damaging acts..perhaps he was a victim himself..but nonetheless he admitted in open court to all sorts of inappropriate activities with children,just short of molestation.

How many other multi-millionaires/billionaires have we seen spread across the headlines for these type of activities? I think it takes an awful lot of truth and crime for someone as wealthy as and loved as MJ to be smeared.

He got lucky while he was alive that he wasnt persecuted more heavily for his misdeeds

There is no lesson to be learned by his death,rich talented  molester dies,albums are already pressed, everybody wins, except maybe MJ

14. Shealy Healy profile image61

11-19-2009, Evan Chandler, the father of the 13 year old who accused Michael Jackson of sexual molestation committed suicide.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)