Who do you think is the next King of Rock n' Roll?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (33 posts)
  1. ironking profile image56
    ironkingposted 14 years ago

Yes...i know Elvis is the King of Rock n' Roll but is dead...so who do you think is the next King of Rock n' Roll?

1. 6 String Veteran profile image65
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

JB.

No, not James Brown...Justin Beiber LOL.

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Dead or alive, the crown will always be his. That's why he's the King smile

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

How about a Queen of rock 'n roll?

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be the late, great Freddie Mercury. Another dead Pop Monarch neutral

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen the Lego ads? You can get a Freddie Mercury looking rock star! big_smile

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

stupid me!! Of course!!!
        get on your bikes and ride!  smile

2. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tarja Turunen would be my pick for the Queen of Rock.

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

lol UW - I'm a bit of a Lego fan. I may well have to check that out, pause, think about the positives of owning it, drink a bit more coffee, add in some vodka then buy it anyway smile

Justine - bikes are for bike riders. Not frogs tongue

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad maybe the basket could be modified for frog comfort?

5. ironking profile image56
    ironkingposted 14 years ago

Queen ...they are rock icons...they did not achieve what Elvis did..only fame

6. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Papa Elvis forever

7. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

What's Rock n' Roll?
    Do you mean Rock n Rolla, the latest film by Guy Richie? In that case, its Gerard Butler, closely followed by Tom Wilkinson smile

ironkingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah...yeah...yeah

8. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Jimmy Swaggert??

9. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

No one will ever replace "Elvis the Pelvis" ! smile

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 14 years ago

Elvis will always be the King ! Sadly there is no one worthy of passing the torch too right now . What,s Vanilla Ice doin ? big_smile

2. thirdmillenium profile image60
      thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Hey,  Rock is dead. No point in seeking a king for a country that does not exist.

Please go to my hub if you feel like it:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Rock-and-Roll-U … t-Interest

ironkingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

rock will never be dead....music is timeless

2. profile image0
        Super-Angposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Rock 'n' Roll ain't noise pollution/
        Rock 'n' Roll ain't gonna die"
              -AC/DC "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Sorry to tell you and your hub, but you are wrong. Rock will last forever, and pop/rap couldn't & won't ever replace it!

I guess you can't replace Elvis, but if I had a choice, it would definitely be AC/DC. They have been rocking since 1973 & they have the highest selling album by any band. Also their best album "Back in Black" has gone 22x diamond, second only to Michael Jackson.

3. europewalker profile image77
      europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Elvis was an original,he will always be king.

4. zzron profile image57
      zzronposted 14 years ago

ZZ TOP for President and the next king of rock-n-roll.

1. Johnnie Black profile image59
        Johnnie Blackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ZZ Top is a band, not a person

5. profile image0
      TheVerbalAxiomposted 14 years ago

Your reading his post.

Lol Jk, I'm not high on rock n roll.

6. Nicky Page profile image61
      Nicky Pageposted 13 years ago

Jack White. Enough said!

7. The Best Man profile image60
      The Best Manposted 13 years ago

I agree that there will never be another King Of Rock N Roll, if there was though the only 2 contenders IMO would be Bono and Bruce Springsteen.

8. profile image0
      moncrieffposted 13 years ago

Rock'n'roll is dead, so it's all republic now, no more kings...

1. BRANDONHEATHTART profile image59
        BRANDONHEATHTARTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, it is now become of our era to be progressive - so we have attached PROG before ROCK to revive it.  And from the grave came maynard james keenan, and his hair is better than Elvis', too.

9. Glimmer515 profile image62
      Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

Elvis always and forever!!!
      http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/Liss60/elvis.jpg

10. Doreen Beech profile image58
      Doreen Beechposted 13 years ago

I personally believe that artists these days are just not what they used to be. They all want to be as big as Elvis etc, but I think its clear to see that that's never going to happen!

Does anyone really believe that there is an artist out there today that will be bigger than Elvis, Beatles, Michael Jackson etc?

I don't think so....

11. epigramman profile image59
      epigrammanposted 13 years ago

..well if he's willing to make a comeback then the King of Kings - Jesus Christ!

12. profile image0
      jerrylposted 13 years ago

Elvis will never be replaced as the king of R&R, just like
      George Jones will never be replaced as the king of country music.

13. Balmung profile image59
      Balmungposted 13 years ago

King of rock.....
      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/06/11/the-rock.jpg

The Rock? o.o

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)