jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Are you watching American Idol?

1. Mekenzie profile image84
    Mekenzieposted 4 years ago

Are you watching American Idol?

Who are your favorite vocalists this season?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7766756_f260.jpg

2. cfjots profile image94
    cfjotsposted 4 years ago

Yes I am every year I say I don't think I will get involved this year, but I always do. I have gotten used to the new judges and really like to hear Keith and Mariah's opinions. Nicki took awhile to grow on me, but she has given out some good advice too. I think a girl may win it this year. I think Candace from South Carolina or the two girl country singers should win it.

Mekenzieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I really like Angie, Amber and Curtis but then Devin's voice is amazing .. they are all special .. it's going to be hard.  Nicki has had a few good responses but I can't say she's grown on me.  Love the other judges though.

3. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Yes I am watching American Idol. The guy that's the preacher is going to win. He is amazing. He makes you feel like you can do anything with the songs he sings and the way his voice just really touches you.
    Lisa

lisa, that's Curtis and He is AWESOME!   He not only has a dynamic voice but he sings with his whole heart - Amazing Man!  I would love it if he won!

4. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

Yes, my husband and I watch Idol every single year. 
    Last year when Phillip Phillips auditioned, I IMMEDIATELY said to my husband, THIS is the person I want to win...and I was thrilled that he did.

This year, I DID love Charlie Askew, but he got booted with his last song...I think he is very young (17).  I hope he comes back next year...more mature.  I think he has had a hard life, I felt very sorry for him, and I am awestruck with the compassion that Ryan Seacrest has shown to the contestants all these years.

That being said, I do agree that Curtis is exceptional.  I LOVED Angie's victory song so much that I wrote the words all down in shorthand while she sang it.  VERY motivational and inspiring.  I think she and Cree have a good shot.

Lazaro is very sincere also and an excellent singer. 

Each year as the show progresses, and I get to know the contestants better, my views sometimes change.

Believe it or not I have had Nicki the judge on my prayer list for over a year because of her very negative performance last year for either the grammys or the emmys...now that I have gotten to know her I just love her...she is a riot, AND sincere.  LOVE Keith Urban...and I do like Mariah and I have always loved Randy.

I had thought of posting this question and SO glad to see it on HubPages.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

Sparklea,  Awesome post.  Happy to hear I have an A.I. kindred spirit friend.  I get caught up in their stories too -  So gifted ...  I was rooting for Philip Philips too. Blessed to know you have prayed for Nicki - What a godly heart you possess. smile

working