jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite afterlife movie and why?

1. amandajoyshapiro profile image60
    amandajoyshapiroposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite afterlife movie and why?

Afterlife Cinema is a topic rarely analyzed in film studies, but it is my primary interest as a film scholar. I am conducting a survey here to get your opinions and thoughts on the above question for an article I want to write. (Examples include: Defending Your Life, Ghost, Night of the Living Dead, Enter the Void, Carousel, Twilight, Over Her Dead Body, etc.) Please do not include your personal beliefs or impose them on others. Such comments will be reported.) See my HubPages profile for my thesis and blog links that can help inspire your answers.

2. JMcFarland profile image88
    JMcFarlandposted 4 years ago

What Dreams May Come has my vote.  It's heartwrenching and beautifully done.

1. ronaldmorton336 profile image60
      ronaldmorton336posted 4 years agoin reply to this

This was the first image I thought of when
      i read the question

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

My favorite is "Dead Again," starring Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh.  Robin Williams had a bit part as well, as did Wayne Knight (of Seinfeld fame).  It's a film about reincarnation in a very interesting  modern setting.

4. victoria1800 profile image81
    victoria1800posted 4 years ago

I like Lovely Bones. The movie is told by a young girl who has been murdered by her neighbour and she cant rest until he has been caught. It is a very emotional movie but definitely one worth watching.