jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite Beatles song and why?

1. KevinC9998 profile image79
    KevinC9998posted 5 years ago

What is your favorite Beatles song and why?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I was a young teen when the Beatles became popular, and so "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" is my favorite just because it was the first song I heard from them - and it was the first time I really liked and was awed by a group.

Funny thing, when I hear their music now, or a lot of the music from those days, I think, "Man that used to sound better."  Times and people change.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

In My Life.  Because I think that any of us can hear the words and relate them to our own lives, I certainly can.  And especially to my wife
    ' And I still love her more.'

4. e-five profile image95
    e-fiveposted 5 years ago

What a great question.... I think it changes every few months depending on what's going on in my life.  Right now, thinking about it rationally (because you asked WHY), I'll go with "Tomorrow Never Knows" from the Revolver album.  Recorded in early 1966, it helped usher in an entirely new style of Beatles music that influenced pop music for years.  It greatly expanded the possibilities of what you could do with backward tapes, etc.  And the beat is infectious.

KevinC9998posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer to a great question! smile I have to agree as my favorite also changes.  Right now it is The Long and Winding Road, Thanks, Kevin

5. annart profile image86
    annartposted 5 years ago

'Here, there and everywhere' because it's so peaceful, romantic and such a pretty melody.  They had such great harmonies.
    For an upbeat one, has to be 'Love me Do'; the raw rock and roll of the early days always makes me smile and feel good.

6. OkrahWinefree profile image56
    OkrahWinefreeposted 5 years ago

I love their songs titled "Across The Universe" and "free as a bird".

7. Music-and-Art-45 profile image95
    Music-and-Art-45posted 5 years ago

That's a hard question, there are so many good ones, and throughout my life they are constantly changing.  So right now I would probably say A Day in the Life.

8. austinhealy profile image75
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

Here, there, and everywhere. Surprisingly enough, I heard a rendition of that song by someone else (Brenda Wooton) and that made me aware of what a beautiful song it was. But almost like anybody else, I agree there are many Beatles songs that could qualify as favorites  smile

KevinC9998posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, thanks for your comments! Kevin