What's your favorite hockey movie?

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite hockey movie?

2. A Happy Man profile image67
    A Happy Manposted 5 years ago

"Goon".  Here's my review...

Right off the bat (or "stick" in the case of this hockey comedy/drama) I thought that this movie was going to be really stupid and that I'd made a big mistake in ordering the DVD.  But I decided to give it a chance.  And I'm glad I did.  This is a flick that could have been a silly and over-the-top throwaway.  But, thankfully, the film makers, and the cast, took the story in a whole different direction.  And they wound up with a fresh and engaging take on friendship, love and loyalty.  Seann William Scott is blissfully ignorant as a man/child with the capacity to become a fearsome enforcer.  His character says those bluntly candid things we all would like to if we didn't have a filter.  Alison Pill is his too-cute-to-take girlfriend who falls helplessly for the big guy's honestly innocent charm.  And the seemingly ever-under appreciated Liev Schreiber delivers a memorable turn as an aging hockey thug giving it one last roundhouse swing as rides the downhill slide to the end of a black-and-blue career. And Jay Baruchel is just flat-out funny and whacked-out as hell as Scott's best friend. Be cautioned, however. The violence is jarring and brutal. But, hey, no one ever confused Pro Hockey with playing patty-cake. This one could have been mindless. The good news is that it not only has a brain, but a big ol' heart to go along with it.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7839566_f260.jpg

Disney's 2004 movie titled Miracle. I love how the director captured the speed and intensity of the game with multiple and close angle shots...

working