jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Why do critics consider Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to be the best Bea

1. kereeves3 profile image78
    kereeves3posted 5 years ago

Why do critics consider Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to be the best Beatles' album?

I have always liked this album, but I definitely don't agree with most critics when they call it the best.  I much more prefer Abbey Road or even Rubber Soul.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I've never heard that.  I've always heard that the White Album, was considered the best.  It's all nonsense, of course, all the LPs are great, they all have some great stuff and they all have some, not so great.

1. kereeves3 profile image78
      kereeves3posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not that Rolling Stone Magazine is the "end all, be all" of music critiquing, but they ranked Sgt. Pepper as the #1 album of all time.  Rubber Soul, Revolver, and The White Album were also in their Top 10.

3. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 5 years ago

Cause the majority of people.... even critics...... seem to suffer from actually believing many of the myths about the band that seem float about out there in the world.... which is why I wrote "Six Myths About The Beatles That Are Complete Bull"

4. Amber Vyn profile image60
    Amber Vynposted 5 years ago

Sgt. Pepper's LHCB might be the Beatle's most famous album, but I've never heard it as a top choice of the critics. The one I most commonly hear as the top choice is Revolver.

5. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

A critic is someone who gets paid to share their opinions. Helpful, I suppose, to those who cannot decide things for themselves, but personally, I've never listened to nor read them.

6. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

If it is truly considered the best, I'd say because it was the first album put out when the Beatles made the transition from being a pop, put out as many records as you can, as fast as you can, band, to becoming actual musical artists that had lyrical meanings, that usually told some sort of story. It brought out a personality of the Beatles that no one realized existed. They were then doing what they wanted instead of what the screaming public demanded.

7. Tim Quam profile image59
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

Sgt. Pepper was the Beatles first album after they decided to stop touring.  Thus they became a strictly studio band and the creativity shows in Sgt. Pepper.  The songs tell stories, most of which have nothing to do with the album's title character.  Personally, my favorite song on the album is She's Leaving Home, but it's a great record from beginning to end.

working