jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Deep impact or Day After Tomorrow Which movie did you like better?

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Deep impact or Day After Tomorrow Which movie did you like better?

I saw Deep Impact tonight and Day After Tomorrow about two weeks ago.  I liked Day After Tomorrow more because it was pure action throughout the whole movie.  There was not as much action in Deep Impact-though there were good story lines such as reconciling and making sacrifices.

2. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I have never seen or for that fact even heard of deep impact. Who plays in it?

I think I have seen day after tomorrow. Is that one where they either decide if they stay at this lodge or go through all this bad weather and there is a ship in it if I recall

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Deep Impact was made in 1998 with a giant comet heading towards the earth.  Morgan Freeman plays the president.
      Yes that one is the day after tomorrow.  One scene I thought was interesting was a tornado scene that have something like 5 funnels

3. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

I think both films have their merits, but The Day After Tomorrow wins it for me. I am a total science geek, so watching all the different experts together in a room was really interesting (even if it is just fiction)

4. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 4 years ago

I've seen them both recently too, and I saw them back when they came out.  Honestly, Deep Impact made me mildly nervous about the whole earth-killer asteroid thing, where Day After Tomorrow just seemed silly -- both the science of it, and the way the plot unfolded.

I thought both plots were pretty weak, but Deep Impact was a lot more plausible and therefore scarier. Based on that I have to go with Deep Impact.  Though, according to a TED lecture I watched recently, it seems like as long as we know its coming we can do something about an incoming asteroid or comet.

working