jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Where can I get creative commons photos of celebrities to use in hubs?

1. Crystal Tatum profile image88
    Crystal Tatumposted 4 years ago

Where can I get creative commons photos of celebrities to use in hubs?

I am writing a hub on a famous singer but I am finding it difficult to find decent photos online that carry the creative commons license. I've had difficulty with this in the past too, although I managed to eventually find some on Flickr, which doesn't seem to be an option this go round. Any suggestions for sites where you can find decent photos of celebrities with the appropriate license?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Wikimedia commons has some photos. I've never written about celebrities, so I never had the opportunity to search for photos.  I did a quick search on a few known celebrities on Wikimedia and I found some.

1. Crystal Tatum profile image88
      Crystal Tatumposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I tried that but most of the photos of this particular artist are not licensed for commercial use, only to share and since revenue can be earned from HubPages, I think a commercial use has to be allowed.

3. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

You didn't state whether this singer was dead or alive, but I think that would make a difference. If he/she is alive, fan photos should be available from the singer or his/her agent. I can't believe that your promotion of the singer would be objectionable unless the photo was franchised or copyrighted in a publication.

working