jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How can movies influence our day to day life?

1. kknde profile image61
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

How can movies influence our day to day life?

by seeing movies in can influence how you think, talk act

2. A Happy Man profile image66
    A Happy Manposted 4 years ago

I love movies SO MUCH that I started my own Film Review blog at:
    Check it out, enjoy and Happy Viewing! yikes}

3. Kevina Oyatedor profile image69
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

It teaches us how to separate fantasy and reality. And learning from the characters mistakes.

4. Poetic Word Bird profile image79
    Poetic Word Birdposted 4 years ago

If the movie is enriched with positive messages it can serve as an educational opportunity for the mind...However, if the movie is filled with sterotypes and negative energy some may act out in ways that are shameful and distasteful. Quality over quantity should rule.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good point: as we review films for our website, we list the stereotypes presented in each film so that parents can discuss them with their children. We also make note of the negativity, especially violence, crime, and several other elements.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

In my reviewing recently, I find that an effective example is the film "Prisoners", with an all-star cast. The film illustrates the dangers of child abduction and the agony this crime produces in families. It also helps us know the signs of abduction in children that have been held prisoner long-term.

After seeing this film, I think famlies will be more aware of the problem and take additional safety measures, although I hope parents do not become etremely overprotective in doing. Nor do I suggest taking up extreme vigilantism.

In lighter family films, "Despeciable Me 2"  shows the importance of family relationships and finding joy in life, while it offers a bit of danger as well as fun.  Some movies can give us an emotional lift that lasts quite a long time!

As an art form - like poetry - films can provoke thought and productive changes in personal behavior and society. Not all films today are good, but many are at least entertaining, which is also important.

6. AMFredenburg profile image81
    AMFredenburgposted 4 years ago

The movies that affect me on a long-term basis so that they change my approach to life are ones that show something important about human nature. One of my favorite movies is "The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!" Even though it was silly to the point of absurdity, behind all the craziness was a humanity and a warmth about human beings that stuck with me. It was directed by Norman Jewison, whose movies all show this kind of humanity, even when portraying horrific events.