jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you give a male actor after a theater performance?

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 4 years ago

What do you give a male actor after a theater performance?

I go to see lots of musicals and theater performances, and sometimes one of the actors are young males that are family friends. I know for girls it's nice to bring flowers, but is that appropriate for male actors too?  Or should I bring something else?

2. Stevennix2001 profile image90
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

um...chocolates?  maybe some food?  after all, they say that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  lol

3. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

I don't think there is anything at all wrong with flowers. Men like flowers too.  What you could do is just call the theater and ask them what would be appropriate/welcomed and if there is any protocol you should know about.

4. bethperry profile image89
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

My son (15-years old) was in a theatrical production this past summer and received bouquets of roses, and frankly he LOVED them! But I do remember my days as a playwright and stage manager, and male actors often received bouquets of Bachelor Buttons - these used to be considered a "manly" flower as opposed to roses. I also saw a couple of actors given a bottle of brandy. If you don't want to do the flowers or give out alcohol, you may want to do a bottle of bubbling grape juice!