jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

Which is your favorite science fiction or fantasy movie?

1. midget38 profile image94
    midget38posted 3 years ago

Which is your favorite science fiction or fantasy movie?

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

My very favorite fantasy movie is Excalibur. I have enjoyed several science fiction films, but the two that come to mind first are Blade Runner and The Matrix.

midget38posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cool choice in Excalibur!

3. Juniper Brown profile image70
    Juniper Brownposted 3 years ago

For fantasy, I'd have to say The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I love these movies - they're epic, breath-taking and filled with characters one can relate to.

For science fiction, I'd have to go with Alien, although it could also fall under the horror genre (it's basically a haunted house movie in outer space.)

1. seanpollardz profile image70
      seanpollardzposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Consider my vote also for The Lord of the Rings. Epic Movie

2. midget38 profile image94

Add mine!

4. fpherj48 profile image74
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

This is easy for me to answer, midget.  Because I don't watch many sci-fi movies and the "fantasy" movies that I see with my grandchildren are usually kid's films....
    .The one adult movie of this type that I totally love is, "Creator," with Peter O'Toole, David Ogden Steirs, Vincent Spano and Virginia Masden.  Are you familiar with it?  I'll bet you would love it.  It's got a little bit of everything in it.....comedy, drama, love story, science fiction.....I can pretty much repeat the entire script from beginning to end.  I've seen it at least 25 times.....(It's an older movie)!  It makes me laugh, cry and dream.

I will grab it coz you've sold it to me, Paula!

2. fpherj48 profile image74
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

midget....Now I HOPE you enjoy it!!  LOL

5. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

There can only be one best, and in the science fiction category I will have to go with the legendary Star Wars.

Adding vote!

6. jhamann profile image88
    jhamannposted 3 years ago

I am a huge fan of the original "Dune" movie and the miniseries for the "Children of Dune" that aired on the Science Fiction channel years later.  For fantasy I would have to say "Dragonslayer."

Miss that one too!!!

7. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I also have to go with Star Wars (though I can't pick a specific installment). It's the perfect blend of Sci Fi and Fantasy, with a world so vast that it arguably has no limits. But, more than anything, it's a series I can enjoy no matter how old I am when I'm watching it.

I remember a theatre where the audience actually cheered when tit showed!

8. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

Well I don't have one, I have six, all six of the Star Wars movies are my absolute favorite.  I am a sci-fi geek, so I also enjoy the Transformers, all the Super Hero/comic book movies, etc.

9. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Oh so many to choose from. I did like Avatar, but a couple of fantasy movies I can still remember fondly are Willow and Lady Hawk, and in a totally different vein of science fiction/comedy, Honey I Shrunk the Kids...lol. Lady Hawk starring Michelle Pfieffer, Rutger Hauer and Matthew Broderick would be my favourite however.

10. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

Avatar because not only did it have the most beautiful scenery (even if it was computer graphics), but the message was unmistakable. I am a scifi fantasy buff and enjoy most of them, but Avatar was the most moving that I've seen.

11. midget38 profile image94
    midget38posted 3 years ago
  12. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8849354_f260.jpg

John R. R. Tolkien's trilogy, working manuscript titled, There and Back which eventually became Lord of the Rings by his publisher. When I was younger, a Mathematics Professor named Dodgson's book about a Oxford University Dean's daughter he called Alice's Adventures Under Ground which eventually became Alice in Wonderland...

working