jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What's your favorite genre of literature to write?

1. kygirl89 profile image60
    kygirl89posted 5 years ago

What's your favorite genre of literature to write?

2. Keith Ham profile image60
    Keith Hamposted 5 years ago

By far, mine is Horror. I've tried Fantasy; I've tried Science Fiction and though everyone liked these - it is Horror that I stick to.

kygirl89posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Horror would be fun to write.  I've really on wrote one piece from that genre.  I should give it another try.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Romance. For some reason, I cannot chose between science fiction or historical. I guess science fiction has more options and creativity. However, historical has rules and cultures. So science fiction romance.

kygirl89posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Historical romance would be fun to write.  I have my undergrad degree in history so it's one of my favorite subjects.

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Then I'm sure you would find it easier and more enjoyable to write about. Science fiction is one of my hobbies. We each have our favorite areas.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Short stories, contemporary/psychological.

Also flash fiction and snapshot fiction which is gathering pace and may soon overtake the short story!

5. kygirl89 profile image60
    kygirl89posted 5 years ago

I would have to say that my favorite genre of writing is poetry, although writing the occasional suspense short story is exciting too.  When I finally get the time I hope to finish a novel I'm working on that is set in Italy, at the end of the 1800s.  The novel has a supernatural theme.

6. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Semi-insane theological political conspiracy theory tirades.  If you don't believe me, read my 161 hubs!!

7. tlbliss profile image61
    tlblissposted 5 years ago

I have self-published a short story series for ‘tweeners.  I have also self-published a Christian fiction book that is near and dear to my heart.  My first book was a self-help/how-to book that was fun to write. 

Out of all three, I would have to say that the fictional short stories are the most entertaining and each book in the series brings another new adventure for “my kids” in each of the books.  I really enjoy learning how times have changed and how the children of today are exposed to so many more violent life events than people in my age group were.  I guess you could say these short stories are helping me feel young again as I live life vicariously through my characters.

working