What are the TEN ways that Al Sharpton infuriates YOU and makes you want to b---

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are the TEN ways that Al Sharpton infuriates YOU and makes you want to b--------h slap him?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

He doesn't, why should he? We're all entitled to our opinions and sometimes, he's right.  Not always, but sometimes.  While I am not jumping on the bandwagon of anticop nonsense going on in this area, I do know from my time living in St. Louis that systemic racism in the police force is a problem.  If Mr. Sharpton can help peacefully bring about some talks it could open some dialogue on both sides. Sometimes celebrity is useful.    There are very complex things in play and all sides deserve to be heard.  If he can be a mouthpiece for some of it - then so be it.  One doesn't have to agree with him, but to be angry about it doesn't solve problems either.

3. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

Al Sharpton. I sometimes listen to him on the radio on Sundays for a little while.  While I might not agree with everything as a person willing to shed light on the injustices that occur in life I give him my respect.
    Wikipedia defines him:
    "Alfred Charles "Al" Sharpton, Jr. is an American Baptist minister, civil rights activist, television/radio talk show host and a trusted White House adviser.  Sharpton's supporters praise "his ability and willingness to defy the power structure that is seen as the cause of their suffering"[9] and consider him "a man who is willing to tell it like it is"

He has stood up for the powerless and stood for justice on many issues.  He's my elder and someone who could sit and do nothing, but chooses to stand up for justice and for that he deserves my respect. 

People are not perfect. God doesn't expect us to be perfect.  But it is our job to stand-up and/or support the causes that we believe in.  You may not agree with everything a person does but you consider the intent and totality of the person.