jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What happened with the woman that got the Million-Dollar appraisal on Antiques R

1. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

What happened with the woman that got the Million-Dollar appraisal on Antiques Roadshow..

for the four jade carvings, including a dragon-design bowl that had been ordered to be made at Imperial command? Altogether the items were appraised for 1.07 million. My husband and I saw the episode the other night and it was taped in Raleigh, NC (I believe the year was 2009). I am curious if the lady sold her pieces at auction and if so, how much did she get for them? Thanks!

2. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

You might be able to look it up on Google by typing in some key words.

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I tried but all I could find were articles written around the time the episode came out.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Her son, very carefully, took it in and got it appraised at the $1,000,000,000. About 30 years ago she received an offer of $5,000 and refused it thinking she could get $10-20,000 at that time.
    At the end of the show, I guess, he was told (she was not there) it could be sold for $700 - $1,000 at an auction. He bubble wrapped it to put back under the desk. So I assume that was not sold. The link to the site where I found the information is below:

http://gothamist.com/2014/08/12/antique … hp#photo-1

Kevin, that is interesting, but the vase is not the items I saw. There were four pieces of carvings of green jade. Thanks anyway!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Beth,
      I believe that this link site is what you are looking for. there is a video on here and you can catch some info on here, near the end, giving a close answer: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200902A05.html

3. bethperry profile image92

Kevin, thank you! There's a link for an interview with the lady too. Much appreciated!

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for choosing my answer Beth! :-)

working