Why did Peter Jackson ruin the Hobbit?

1. maunderingcabal profile image82
    maunderingcabalposted 3 years ago

Why did Peter Jackson ruin the Hobbit?

My first thought is greed, but seriously I can't understand why? His Trilogy was so far from the book it's near unrecognizable from Tolkien's tale. He added so many characters and sub-plots that more than half of the movies could have been cut. The main themes of the book were destroyed by the change of the Dwarves from exiles to warriors and the change of Bilbo from pacifist in the war of 5 armies to contributing fighter. Lame social justice warrior themes added (feminism/bi-racial love). I could go on, but there is a text limit. In short I feel like he ruined my childhood's favorite story.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12137743_f260.jpg

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Having read the book, and seen all 3 movies, I wouldn't necessarily say that he ruined it. I think the biggest problem with the hobbit was that it was trying to be the lord of the rings. Peter Jackson was sort of trying to recreate the epic scope of his original trilogy and the story of the Hobbit just wasn't enough to sustain that. Had it been one, lighthearted movie, about treasure hunters, I think it could have properly separated itself into it's own entity. Now it's just a mediocre prequel trilogy (like Star Wars).

working