jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Has your taste in music changes in the last twenty years?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Has your taste in music changes in the last twenty years?

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yes, now i listen to korean ost instead of english songs

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Somewhat... I still concentrate mainly on the hard rock/metal genres, but occasionally I'll go "off the reservation" if I'm scrounging through CDs at a thrift shop or yard sale and find something cheap enough... over the past couple of years I've built up a mini-collection of country CDs this way plus a lot of classic "radio rock" that I never would've bothered with back in the day. Recently I even picked up a CD of James Bond movie themes!

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12891375_f260.jpg

No, not really.
    I believe in the end most of us have an affinity for the music of (our) own generation. The period where we evolved from childhood to adulthood, first fell in love, or had other major milestones.
    Maybe this explains why there is such popularity among "Oldies" and "Old School" radio stations. There are also "theme parties" for the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. People fondly look back on their generation's music as being the "best music".
    At some point we all get to stage where we don't recognize the people on the cover of "Rolling Stone"  or own music by the biggest Grammy winners. I find myself buying more "Greatest Hits" CDs!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like to joke that when it comes to music, I exist in a pop-culture bubble that starts at around 1979 and ends around 1994. smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Keith, Whenever people ride in my car it's as though they're in a time machine!
      I rarely play any of "todays" artists' music. LOL!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Haha, yep, sounds familiar. Hell, even the fact that I still buy actual CDs marks me as "old" but I don't care. You can have my CDs when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!  I refuse to go the all-digital route, it's the collector in me.

5. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Yes it did change and now has returned to the genre I originally grew to love while in my early twenties - progressive rock. Basically my taste has always been rock orientated. I lace that main interest with blues guitar and some particular female vocalist like Enya.

6. Cynthia Hoover profile image95
    Cynthia Hooverposted 2 years ago

No my taste in music has not changed. Sadly music just is not what it used to be!

working