jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where do you see America in the next ten years? Twenty years?

1. R K Beran profile image59
    R K Beranposted 2 years ago

Where do you see America in the next ten years? Twenty years?

What challenges can you see America facing over the next ten to twenty years? What would you like to see changed about this country?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12384090_f260.jpg

2. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

If all the poor people of the nation (including me) don't stop getting bent over and screwed, there's gonna be an awwwwful lot of unrest. Unless some concessions are made, I can easily see a revolution sparking and igniting. So basically, it's gonna boil down to "Sanders 2016 or the streets will run red with blood," methinks.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

unless change happens ...I predict we will have no rights to do anything, everything will be illegal, poor people will be poorer rich people richer,and virtual reality gaming.will completely cut off any face to face contact.They will start remaking movies that are now Currently  playing with different actors. Girls will be more pressured and start dating at 7 year's of age.our food will start having sexual themes,like everything else.Machines will take over a man's hard work,causing people to not be able to find jobs.
    I hope that there are changes in the making that will make this prediction wrong!

4. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I think the USA will still be a leading power in the world but not THE leading power.  I suspect it will be overtaken by China - probably within twenty years.

Additionally, there is a new philosophy beginning to emerge - especially in the so-called 'advanced' nations, a burgeoning belief that we live on a Globe without boundaries and that no one nation, or even conglomeration of nations, can dominate and exploit the rest without there being terrible long-term ramifications.   

Ease of worldwide travel, the Internet, widespread migration from the poor countries to the richer ones, will eventually cause those richer nations to think, "Let's make it worthwhile for people to stay in their own lands, not by force but by making them so desirable in which to live that they won't want to come - expect perhaps for a holiday."   Let's treat them fairly.

The days of 'nationhood' are numbered.  World citizenship, a world without passports and criteria as to who is worthy and who is not is gradually making itself felt.  I won't see it in my lifetime, but I'm pretty sure it will be this way before the next millennium.

5. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

Hello RK
    2025?--the middle of overcoming a recession when federal spending had to be brought under control and it sent rifts through the economy comparable to 2008. US is increasingly cut out of global supply chains between Europe and the Far East. US is still viewed as a military superpower, but not as a viable trade partner.

2035?--Great disparity between rich and poor. Less fuel, less cars. High taxes. More US businesses are foreign-owned and foreign-based. US realigns its economy along agriculture. Foreign businesses contract with US farms to grow food to feed their countries. There might be universal healthcare by this point.

working