jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Share ur thought on this thriller movie idea: The secret inquisition

1. profile image59
    peter565posted 17 months ago

Share ur thought on this thriller movie idea: The secret inquisition

When a young lawyer, defended a small town woman accused of murdering her own daughter, he found the corrupt town folk and police has been misusing the law to conduct secret inquisition for the past 20 years, This woman is only the most recent victim, the cops killed her son and arrest her for the murder, because she is an unwed mother, which is a sin in the bible. At least 16 people have been found guilty for murder in this town, as a result, within the past 10 years and the town's police and town folk intent to silent this lawyer, to keep their secret and continue their modern inquisition.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13167365_f260.jpg

2. Robert Sacchi profile image82
    Robert Sacchiposted 17 months ago

Interesting story line.  Is it set in current time or some time in the past?  You  may want to consider writing a short story version of it for HubPages That will give readers more information for feedback.  Good luck with this project.

1. profile image59
      peter565posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Definitly in modern 21st century, set in a remote country town

2. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me. Very remote traditional village.

3. Robert Sacchi profile image82
      Robert Sacchiposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Do you know any towns you can use as a model?  Not as far as people go but as far as size and location.

4. profile image59

There is a few actually, check out these two video for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9vjAXNnpBo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QXi45L4EtI maybe these two towns can be use as inspiration

5. Robert Sacchi profile image82

I can understand the inspiration.  I was thinking more the look and feel of a town off the beaten path but I think you understand both approaches.

6. profile image59

Im thinking small American country town, movie starting prologue 10 years ago, 2 high school teen having sex, got caught, so town cop killed BF and arrested GF of BF's murder(because unwed sex is sin)she is found guilty for murder, sentence to death

7. Robert Sacchi profile image82

Seems a good start point.

8. profile image59

Now we just need to think about cast. I'm thinking. Zac Efron as our lawyer, Kristen Stewart as unwed mother on trial, for murder, Chris Cooper as pro inquisition town sheriff, Julian McMahon as pro inquisition town mayor

9. Robert Sacchi profile image82

It seems you have a good start for the project.  Are you going to write an outline or just go into writing the screenplay itself?

10. profile image59

Just having bit of fun on hubpage question smile

11. Robert Sacchi profile image82

:-)

3. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 17 months ago

Wouldn't be plausible if set in the present.  You'd have to make it take place in a Quaker village in the 1600's.

1. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Or freaking India of today

working