How To Generate $1500 a month using Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (159 posts)
  1. Shakka James profile image59
    Shakka Jamesposted 11 years ago

I see a list of the most successful people on hubpages, who were able to replace the income they made with a 9-5 on hubpages. I want to know the secrets. Can anyone share? I want to know what to do in the simplest instruction.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

GREAT question!! I'm looking forward to the answer?

2. Shakka James profile image59
      Shakka Jamesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you guys for responding to this question. I knew it was going to draw in the people who makes an adequate amount of money on hubpages. Now, I can go on your hubs and see what you are doing. Again, thank you very much. Besides Mark.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Too late, dear. several weeks ago (i.e. before you joined) I removed the six hubs that used to bring in 90% of my earnings here and have placed them safely on my own web sites, where I get 100% profit with far less danger of being plagiarised.

BTW, I made sure they were fully de-indexed from Google before republishing them.

1. gabgirl12 profile image61
          gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes that might be a good idea. If you see Hubs that are doing well, expand for more exposure to become autonomous as a creative writer.  I'm just starting on this journey, but I've been looking to branch out more. Hubpages is not all there is. I don't think it should be. It should provoke people to increase their knowledge and want to eventually have their own sites and like you said...get the %100 value of what its worth.

2. EricaMC profile image59
          EricaMCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you create your own website to where you can't get plagiarized? That's my biggest fear of using this website.

1. Wesley Meacham profile image60
            Wesley Meachamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, you can't. I mean obviously you can set up your own website. But having your own website does not mean that you wont get plagiarized.

1. EricaMC profile image59

Oh true. In order to build your own website do you have to pay anything?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No.

You can start your own website free at Blogger.com or Weebly.com (Weebly has a paid version, but it's neither necessary nor worthwhile).

However, I always recommend you buy your own domain name (which will cost you less than $10), which you can "attach" to your Blogger or Weebly site.  It just looks so much more professional to have a site called  "bluewidgets.com" than "bluewidgets.blogspot.com".  Plus, if you decide to upgrade to proper web hosting later on, you don't have to change the name of the site.

Thank you!

1. luciano63 profile image64
                    luciano63posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Erica I have a blog on blogspot since 6 years doing quite weel, however since 6 months I discovered I was victim of plagiarism but a full plagiarism! Basically the all blog code hase been recopied on blogspotter with a different name but all articles and photos are a copy of my blog! I was able to make Google cancel them but what a work of signaling them each link!!!!
                    I am considering to change the host for a .com or similar maybe I will be more protected!

2. wlrahilly profile image48
              wlrahillyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you use Wordpress blogs, they have a neat little plugin that will keep the copy cats away.  Basically, it renders "right click" useless so they can't copy your content.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
                MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That only works for amateur scrapers.  If someone wants your content then disabling the right click will do nothing.  There are browser plugins that will completely ignore the wordpress plugin if nothing else.

2. rogueplanet profile image57
                rogueplanetposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL, i bet you have a RSS feed.

2. john000 profile image93
            john000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't!!

3. Teresa Schultz profile image67
          Teresa Schultzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@ WriteAngled - It's very interesting to me to hear that you moved some hubs over to your own site - I've been thinking of doing that too - but was and still am unable to decide if I should move myt hubs that have the least amount of traffic or the hubs that have the most amount of traffic - I still want to continue using HubPages as love it here. Hm, perhaps, (if I do go ahead and move a few hubs to my own sites) I start with just 2 or 3 that get a MEDIUM amount of traffic, then see how it goes, before I move (or not) any more. I'll take into account that I shouldn't re-publish any on my own sites until any I have removed from HubPages are no longer indexed - thanks for that reminder!

One thing to consider, Teresa, is that your sub-domain is a standalone website, and therefore size matters.  I would be worried about deleting any Hubs if my sub-domain only had 65 pages (in fact, mine is probably on the small side too).

Helping people to make money online is a very saturated niche - but I notice your site is a South African site, so that may not be the case in that country.  Being a .za site does limit your audience geographically, but at the same time, it reduces competition!   I had a similar experience with my first belly dance site - it's specifically Australian, and I thought I'd do better with an international site.   I've found that my traffic on the international site is no better than it was on the Aussie site:  I have a bigger potential audience, but the competition is much tougher, so the result is about the same.

I hope you have a link to your "making money" blog on every one of your related Hubs - it's allowed now.

I decided to delete a group of hubs and use them as the nucleus of a new site that I have just started building. Another couple fit into an existing site, so they have gone too.

I'm not worried about how many hubs I have on my subdomain here any more. Quite honestly, Hubpages has become too much of a roller coaster. We not only have Google stuff to contend with, but the endless changes being made here as well. Even the rates I get paid for views have varied by as much as ten-fold from very lowest to the very highest.

This subdomain is going to stay as a repository for anything I write that does not have an obvious home elsewhere, but I'm not going to put a lot of effort into it if the situation on Hubpages does not change.

1. Teresa Schultz profile image67

Thanks for the reply WriteAngled - I "hear" you and I have lots of thinking to do!

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Good luck with that!  Note that on your own blog, you can do much better with affiliate marketing than with Adsense alone, so it's worth looking into that.  Skimlinks is a great option if you don't want the hassle of applying to multiple networks and pasting code.  I'm sure you'll do well, depending on the subject you've chosen - you seem to have a depth of knowledge about several subjects and that's always a good place to start.  Have you thought about doing an Egyptology blog?

If you're not looking for serious income on HP, but use it more as a place to share your writing with the community, then it doesn't matter how big your sub-domain is.  It sounds like you've made that decision.

2. Teresa Schultz profile image67

Thanks for the reply, Marisa - I should remember to include a link to my own site into my hubs more - thanks for the reminder; I do tend to forget too often. About my South African site - it gets 4 times as many visitors from the United States as it does from South Africa  - and I'm unsure of what to with that info, how best to use it!

4. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
          Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmn, very interesting, WriteAngled. Thanks for this observation.  Blessings.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you tell me how you did this?  I have tons of articles sitting on another site and would like to move them over to Hub Pages but I'm afraid I'll lose them in the process.  Some were plagiarized last year and I'm not sure what's going on with that, but it's really aggravating!

Sorry TT, I didn't notice before that you had asked me a question!

To remove any web page from Google's index, follow the link below and enter the URL of the page you want to deindex:
            https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

2. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you posted a forum thread to gain assistance from educated hubbers for the purpose of copying them?   Really?

She was asking for advice on how the "educated" Hubbers became successful. Surely she didn't post this in hopes of a Hubber being incompetent enough to give her the information to copy them. She just needed advice and tips like I'm sure others are wanting as well.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75

????

Thank you EricaMC, I do not know what is up with Reality Bytes and Cagsil. They both have Eagle Faces. I wonder what's up with that.

No problem Shakka! I'm new here so I also wonder the same and I understand your frustration. However, I do agree with some of the other writers. I think you'll be successful with patience and passion. Nothing in life worthwile is easy, if it were we would all be billionaires. Just have fun with it and do trial and error. smile

Nothing is "up" with them.  We get a lot of new Hubbers who ask similar questions to yours, and often they are trying to pick the brains of experienced Hubbers with the aim of avoiding any hard work themselves.  It's understandable if Hubbers (including Cags and RB) get tired of people expecting to be spoon fed.

If you're genuine about working hard at this, and you're not just asking the question to "jump the queue", so to speak, good for you.  I suggest you sign up for the free trial of Keyword Academy - that will give you a good overview and give you an idea what you don't know.  And be aware it will probably take you about nine months to reach your first $100, so it will be a while before you'll be taking home $1500 a month - if ever.

By the way, you can start a blog at Wordpress.com for free, but you're not allowed to put any advertising on it, so you can't make money on it.  And if you want to use your own domain name (which is essential, IMO), you need to upgrade to a paid account.  If you want a free service, use Blogger or Weebly.

And don't even think of starting your own blog until you have a subject you want to concentrate on.  A general blog about anything and everything will fail.

1. profile image0
                whackypcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you can actually put ads on free wordpress, you can do this by using the widget option. tried it several times and it works, the flaw is just that you can't place ads within post content just on the side bars.

It may be possible, but if Wordpress.com notices, you may be banned and lose your entire blog.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/advertising/

3. Marisa Wright profile image86

In early 2011, there were several Hubbers earning over $1,000 a month.  But then Google issued the new Panda algorithm, which destroyed traffic (and therefore earnings) for most of us. 

Since then, some Hubbers have recovered their earnings and some haven't.  Most of the former high earners now concentrate on their own websites and blogs.

Each year, Relache runs a poll to check income:

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/Improve … b-Earnings

So far this year, there's no one in the $1,000 to $2,000 bracket and only 2% in the $2,000+ bracket.  That gives you an idea how much hard work it's going to take to get to that level.

1. hnjax profile image60
        hnjaxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So where did Google send all of the traffic to?  Have some people on here benefited from the new algorithm?

4. Chuck Bluestein profile image62
      Chuck Bluesteinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I read a good book on SEO (search engine optimization)? SEO is for getting lots of traffic from search engines. Do you know the number one rule of SEO? Write an article that people will love.

5. Eranofu profile image63
      Eranofuposted 11 years agoin reply to this

SEO is a lot like wine - people say that they know it. And yes, some have some knowledge of how good harvest was in certain places on certain years etc, they know the difference between different types of grape breeds. But! If they get blindfolded and have to tell what wine it is just by the taste, they know just a bit more than an average person.

1. travelespresso profile image70
        travelespressoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a really nice analogy.

I'm going to add some words to your wisdom.  Just when you find a really good one, you realise it hasn't been stored properly so, reluctantly, and with a very heavy heart (since it's the last bottle in the house) you need to pour it down the drain!  smile

6. profile image0
      MakJoSiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We all hope to know, but I think it also have to do with TONS of hard work as well. I am just a new hubber on day 2-3, but then I am beefing out stuff to my full power!  If you ever feel like to read my hub, you might love it too!  Good luck on your hub venture!

2. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

OK I'm going to reveal the secret - are you ready? It's very simple really......

....don't share your secrets with anyone otherwise they'll earn the $1500 instead of you big_smile!

1. profile image0

SimeyC, Just pretend like I just asked you this question? I'm desperate.

1. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't trying to be mean - it's just that if anyone is earning $1500 they are not going to tell us the secret as it'll usually involve some clever techniques that no-one has though of, or a niche that at the moment no one else is in - so it's in their best interest to not tell you.

My advice is to look how some of the top writers write on here, what topics they write on - but more than that, focus on what you know best and create quality hubs - the better the quality the more likely it'll rank highly on Google...

1. profile image0

Thank you very much Simeyc.

That is not good enough for me, there is a way and I want to find out. You maybe one them. Tell me what is your secret?

1. hnjax profile image60
            hnjaxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Trial and error never fails.

1. accofranco profile image79
              accofrancoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes...take this advice, for instance, my hub on how to know if a man.....made it to google no 1 search result without me doing any seo or whatever....just did what I know I do best....so keep doing what are good at and wait and wait...surely it will come...but little secret could help fasten it though, which I doubt people would reveal publicly here....good luck dear and keep trying!

3. gabgirl12 profile image61
          gabgirl12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think what he means is, it's rather a competitive hub-o-sphere, shakka. The tutorials and the community have excellent tips for you to use.

4. Pamela N Red profile image83
          Pamela N Redposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good advice, Simey.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This.

Plus a LOT more than 7 Hubs.

3. KevinTimothy profile image75
      KevinTimothyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simey,

Don't you realize that the key to successfully making money online is helping others do the same.  The last thing you want to do is KEEP secrets.

Well luckily I'm not making $1500 a month - so I have no secrets!!!

2. WriteAngled profile image74

What a lot of bovine generative organs!

1. tapasrecipe profile image59
          tapasrecipeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

;-))

Well, WriteAngled

Aren't you a lovely sack of sh..........

Not really.

I'm amused you think people are going to tell you how they make money, beyond the fact it takes hard work regardless of the direction you take to achieve it.

If you want supposed ways to make money fall into your lap for no effort, you'd do better consulting one or more of the many self-proclaimed Internet gurus. They will happily tell you for a small monetary consideration lol

2. WriteAngled profile image74

Actually, I'll give you some advice for free, out of the goodness of my heart.

Plagiarising directly or very closely copying existing material on the web is likely to get your hubs unpublished.

I note you have at least one hub full of plagiarised material.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

If this is true, you should flag it and let the Hub Gods know we have a troll among us.

3. SimeyC profile image87

Thanks a bunch - I just laughed my 'butt' off, now I need to earn $1500 a month to buy a new one! lol

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I could use a new butt. Where do you plan to get yours?

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let me know too! Do they do other body parts as well??

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58
              MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you need donor material... I have plenty.

1. profile image0
                klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Read my bio, Melissa. I am a medium, although I used to be a small. big_smile Problem is I have it stored in all the wrong places!

3. Shakka James profile image59

Thank you Kevin, this is what I am trying to tell them. Share you love and let me get in where I fit in. If I know the secrets now with only 7 hubs imagine what I could do with every hub from here on out.

4. poshcoffeeco profile image82
        poshcoffeecoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Kevin T on this one. The only way to be a success yourself is to first help others become successful. By doing this the laws of nature say that you too will become successful as a result of helping others. In other words delayed gratification is what is needed here.

If you look at the forums there are a lot of the top earners giving out decent advice. Much of that advice points to the very detailed 'Help' section that Hubpages already offers.

These earners are not obligated to help anyone, but they understand that by helping others improve their quality and writing then it will benefit the whole site.

However, no one is going to get into detailed specifics because some people will simply steal these ideas.

Hubpages has so much information that all users really need to read it, discover some of the great hints and tips and continue to focus on hard work and producing quality hubs.

Everyone of the top earners had to learn and it's a process that took several years, and even they are still learning and adapting.

The truth is that there is no simple magic bullet - hard work, patience, a little luck and consistency are all important.

4. Shakka James profile image59

That is not fair, you have to share the love!!!!

1. profile image0

Shakka, I'm afraid it just takes A LOT of hard work and writing many, many Great Hubs. Nothing is ever easy, Unfortunately. smile

But it is people like you who could make it easy for me? If you know what I mean.

I know, I know...

I will continue working on it. Nothing in life is easy. BUT when I start making the big bucks. There will be questions for me and I will answer but not answer.

1. profile image0

I wished I knew Shakka? No offense by the way.  smile

2. Pamela N Red profile image83

Nothing worth having comes easy. No one held our hands and told us what to write, we just wrote and worked hard. You will have to do the same if you want to be successful.

5. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You got that right!

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I believe there are Hubs on that very topic smile use the search bar. It requires work and commitment to build and it's nice to know, that it can be done.

It would be nice of those people to write a tell a book about how they did it. They could make money, you know!

4. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I think I know the answer, let me just run this through a calculator.

Be thirty times more 'successful' than me.

Actually that gives me hope.  Seeing as up till now I have just faffed around and turned out garbage after garbage - if I were to actually put some effort in - stop sleeping and eating perhaps - I might be able to double my income.

I like to accompany my posts with a picture because I think it adds to the impact and also annoys some people - so let me have a little rifle through.

Ah yes...
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6761919_f248.jpg

Deleted

What are we not allowed to do in the Forums?

Making Personal Attacks: Debate and disagreements on points of substance are all right, but personal attacks, petty bickering, extreme profanity, and thread hijacking will be dealt with swiftly.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#forums-violations

Now that you have attacked at least two hubbers, I am extremely motivated to share secrets with you.....NOT!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must be slipping. I didn't even notice the attack.

OK... "scared of people beating me because whatever..."

The internet is bit bigger than HubPages.  What a few people on here do is of little significance.

Not for nothing Mark, you are one of the nicest people I see on these forums.  smile

Oh, well thanks!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Praising with faint damn?

I don't know.  My brain stopped working about three hours ago.  I edited near on a 100 pages today.

2. Reality Bytes profile image75

Is this supposed to read:  Damn with faint praise?

1. tapasrecipe profile image59
                    tapasrecipeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering,
                    but personally I´m having trouble with both versions now.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Well, if it was aimed at me, and I am too frazzled to know which way is up... I really just meant THANKS in a kind of slightly embarassed manner.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
                    psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was making a lame joke that being one of the best of us lot is not a great compliment wink--i.e. the best of a bad lot....

2. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

Someone else seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. Helps when you can actually read what someone says, I suppose.

3. Pamela N Red profile image83

Yes he is. No call for being rude to Mark.

2. SimeyC profile image87

Wot no picture?

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 11 years ago

Read THE SECRET and start visualizing yourself earning lots of money via Hubpages. I started two years ago, and I'm still making 2 cents a day, but I know... I just KNOW it's going to happen!!! big_smile

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

I fail to see how giving away my hard-earned knowledge and experiene is going to earn me money.  Whenever I tell people I'll help them if they pay me for my time and expertise, they suddenly aren't interested...

1. profile image0

Understood relache.  smile

2. Teresa Schultz profile image67

I'm earning only a very little extra income online -so far  (in general, not just with HubPages, I don't yet make much at all on HubPages - but I understand why - I'm not yet putting in enough time and effort. I earn less than $400 a month passive income from all my online efforts), but the little that I do earn online I try and tell people exactly how I did it, and anything else that I'm still doing to try and improve my earnings - for free - and very many of them are not interested in learning anything, even for free, when they discover it takes time and hard work. It would seem that many people think free advice is useless - but at the same time, they don't want to pay for any advice either! These types of people are not meant to try to make money online or passive income online.

3. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Offer to help for a percentage of their new earnings.  That way they won't think you're scamming them.

4. Motherbynature profile image64
      Motherbynatureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Write good hubs
    Write a lot of them
    Be prepared to lose most of that income with the next Google algorithm change.

Me, I'm keeping my day job.

8. angied83 profile image70
    angied83posted 11 years ago

Hi Shakka, I agree with most of the comments here. You do need a lot of work before you can earn that much money here on HP! Lots of great content that brings in a lot of search engine traffic. How do you get the traffic? Well you have to offer the kind of information people are looking for. So you have to learn about niches and keyword research to determine if your hub has at least a passing chance of getting ranked highly on Google. There are so many things that need to be done. It will be hard to answer in a forum like this. I mostly learned by researching and reading up on this subject. Somebody told me beforehand that the learning curve is steep. You have got to be willing to put in the effort and know you're going to be making mistakes along the way. I'm earning quite a bit on HP but I've got a long way to go before I hit $1500! One thing I can tell you for sure about hubbers who are earning this much is that it took a lot of TIME before they got where they are right now. The HP success stories do not show anyone who earned thousands overnight. I hope this helps.

9. pythian2 profile image60
    pythian2posted 11 years ago

I don't think there is an easy answer to this question. The hubbers making a decent income have been hubbing for several years and they've written hundreds of hubs.

So you have a long way to go. The best advice I can give, and a new hubber like you, is to set a target to write 30 hubs a month. At the end of the year you may probably be able to earn enough to eat a meal every month.

10. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I think a lot of it has to do with how active you are in the HP community, and how often you publish. The more hubs you have, the more traffic you'll generate. But I don't think anyone would give away their secrets. The point of a secret is for no one to find out! wink lol

11. drspaniel profile image84
    drspanielposted 11 years ago

Okay I've read through all of these comments and now I think it's time you learned the secrets which made all of the 'successful Hubbers' what they are today. It is a simple strategy which involves quite a lot of hard work, whilst being a good citizen on HubPages...

1. Create unique content which people around the Internet are going to be truly interested in.

2. Make sure that content has high paying keywords in mind which are not overly written on already.

3. Publish many high quality hubs on the same niche, to increase your reputation for actually knowing something about the topic.

4. Include at least 1,500 words with each hub.

5. Include at least 5 high quality unique pictures in your Hubs.

6. Make your title eye catching and relevant to your content.

7. Write for another source on the same niches as you have on HubPages, and then link those articles back to your HubPages.

8. This is the most important step of them all... Never, ever attack or offend any of the HubPages community as they are mostly all good people, and have a tendency to enjoy Hubs made by people who treat them with respect and kindness. You should definitely work on this, especially since you are trying to get their advice!

1. drspaniel profile image84
      drspanielposted 11 years agoin reply to this

By the way this is no secret... It's really just common sense. wink

1. aa lite profile image84
        aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Couple of questions about your points:

2. Since the HubPages ad program pays per view rather than per click, I am not sure the high paying keywords are that important.    I guess the keywords affect the RPM of the ad program, but there is a lot less known about it than about adwords.  I am pretty satisfied with my RPM, I don't think I write about hugely profitable topics.

4. I've always wondered where the 1,500 words comes from?  Most advice reckons Google needs 300 words to think the page has decent content.  A lot of people seem to think that around 700 words is optimum.  True a longer hub has a greater possibility for being found for long tail keywords, but I always worry people will get scared by so many words and go elsewhere.  Just curious about where the data is that says 1500 is optimum. 

6. I suspect having the right keyword phrase in the title is the really important thing here.

7. I think the whole back linking issue has become a lot more complicated with the Google updates.  I'm always worried that Google will find out about all my other sites and disc out the links as 'inorganic'.  Actually HubPages provides many really good links to hubs.

8. If you get good organic search engine traffic, it won't matter if the people here hate your guts.  I'm not saying that you are wrong, one obvious shouldn't attack or offend Hubbers, or other people online or offline.  But I would hardly consider that the most important step.  To make $1500 a month, I estimate that you need 10k views a day.  I don't care how many followers you have here, or how nice you are to everybody, to get that kind of money the bulk of your traffic is going to have to come from outside of the community.

1. Eranofu profile image63

Great insight. Especially I'd like to thank you for the comment on 1,500 words. HubPages has limit of at least 400 words (otherwise it might be removed), I think. So anything that reaches that much is all right.
          My day job is writing and I often write 5k or more words per day so writing 1,500 for one single article on HP would be too much bother for me. I like to write short and I prefer reading shorter articles too.

There was a Hubber called Nelle Hoxie who (I think) was the most successful Hubber of all time.  She did some testing and came to the conclusion that longer Hubs did better - 800 words minimum, but she aimed at over 1,000 words.  She didn't share the details of her testing but, given her huge success, most of us took her advice on board!

HubPages used to have a Flagship Hub program which paid for Hubs meeting specific criteria, one of which was 1,500 words in length.

100% true.  If you're serious about making money, you have to treat this as a business.  That means it's nice to stop and have a coffee with colleagues now and then,but if you're going to spend hours networking with your workmates instead of out there networking with your customers, you'll soon be out of business.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah, those were the good old days before Google slapped the heck out of everyone here and you could actually make some decent money.  It killed Nellie's income along with many other now departed Hubbers.  Mine too, for that matter.  I don't believe the earnings will ever return as they were then.  But we can dream.  smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

I'd love to know whether it did.  Nelle didn't remove her Hubs because they lost traffic, she removed them because it was impossible for her to meet HP's deadline to revise all her Hubs to meet the new rule changes - and she felt the new rules would damage her Hubs' earning capacity.  She probably did lose traffic post-Panda, like the rest of us - but I would've loved to see what would have happened, if she had been allowed to leave her Hubs published, unchanged, until the switch to sub-domains.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just to say that up until about three or four months ago I was on over 10k views a day, and I was still earning well under $1000 a month, so I am guessing you would need more like 15 - 16k per day if you could possibly hope to achieve $1500 per month. Sadly with recent Panda updates and HP layout changes my views are now roughly a quarter of where they were a few months or so back, so my income has dramatically dropped, (even though I published 30 hubs after the time I was on over 10k views a day!!)

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

I'd like to add one thing that nobody ever mentions:  TALENT.  This is something that cannot be plagiarized or duplicated.  You either have it or your don't.  There are only so many Shakespeares out there, and I doubt many of them had to worry about asking for advice on how to write.

3. profile image0
      Chris Hughposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@drspaniel, thanks for sharing the secrets! Basically "write good content and make it easy for people to search for it and find it."

I like it:)

12. tapasrecipe profile image59
    tapasrecipeposted 11 years ago

Wow, as in 1 with 2 zeros after it, in a day, I would do a one person mexican wave if I wasn´t typing, oh hold I´m going for it anyway,.......better now thanks

13. tapasrecipe profile image59
    tapasrecipeposted 11 years ago

Thank you, I shall sleep tight now. no bed bugs for me thank u very much.

14. Availiasvision profile image78
    Availiasvisionposted 11 years ago

If I were making $1500 a month here I'd move to a cheaper country and retire.  $1500 a month doesn't go very far in california.  Might pay your medical insurance.

15. Wesley Meacham profile image60
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

Shakka; I don't know about making money on hubpages. So far I've only made a little more than $3:00 and have only been here for about 7 weeks. I don't know any secrets and to be honest, after reading through this thread I wouldn't tell them to you if I did.

I will tell you three things that I think would serve you well in life.

1. Don't believe that others are obligated to help you when they are not. You can ask people, you can say please and people are still well within their rights to tell you no.

2. Don't react negatively when people do tell you no. Complaining or calling people names when they tell you that they can't or don't want to help you will do nothing to pursued them otherwise. For one thing, most of them are telling the truth; there are likely no secrets. For another, the ones who may have secrets will look at this behavior and want nothing to do with it.

3. Don't believe in magic bullets. Secrets, if they do exist are fleeting things. Nothing lasts other than your own efforts. In most things even our own efforts don't lasts. Hubpages offers the possibility to create residual income. This isn't about getting rich quickly. It's about starting small and building something over a period of years that will eventually add up to a significant amount.

Now maybe this isn't what you want to hear but I believe these things to be true and I'll continue to believe them until I see evidence to the contrary.

16. Judi Bee profile image91
    Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Very well said,  Wesley!

17. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

If you really want to know the secret just transfer $1500 to my paypal account and I will tell you...

1. Anil and Honey profile image60
      Anil and Honeyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even now i can't understand it,your question is great.thanks.

18. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 11 years ago

Someone said there are secrets online...anyone else fall to the floor laughing?

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/1/9/7/9/6/1/1/orig-11979611.jpg

It is very simple to make $1500 a month using any online article writing program. It requires a lot of work. Just write hubs about what you like, backlink to them, share them on facebook/twitter/digg etc and traffic will naturally find you if your content is good.

From there all you have to do is sign up for the Hubpages Ad Program, Adsense, and Amazon. Once you have adsense and HAP on autopilot you simply put a few products on the pages that go with what your talking about. Want to have an outdoor BBQ? Well it would be nice to have a grill, hamburger patty presses, and those nice designer lawn chairs wouldn't it!

http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Chair-Resin … awn+chairs
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21i1Vl9VcNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    ^Spiffy

From there all you have to do is wait when you get to around 50 Hubs and see how the traffic comes in, how well they perform monthly/weekly/daily, and what angle you want to expand your efforts on.

Many people try to judge there income using mathematics and hard complex equations. Say you have a total of 2,000 adsense impressions a month and you got 17 clicks average that came out to be 15 bucks. Well the test sample would tell you doubling your hubs/traffic/impressions will make it 30 bucks. This is wrong and inaccurate though because traffic can expand and decrease exponentially and not by a common constant. So really its hard to judge by this.

Clearly, to make $1500 bucks a month online with writing you have to do one thing and one thing only:

1.Write a lot of articles
    1.Optimize these articles for google traffic (and other searches)
    1.Promote these articles like your dying in the desert and asking for water
    1.Get others to promote your articles like there dying in a desert
    1.Rapidly produce QUALITY content, not QUANTITY content
    1.Keep updating each and every article as often as you can
    1.Figure out different layouts for these articles so your followers arnt bored
    1.Make sure its not in a saturated topic
    1.Something about Keyword research
    1.Pictures are pretty...yes use them
    1.Run to 7/11 for massive sugary drinks
    1.Go to Dunkin Donuts 7 times a day
    1.Thank your fans with EXTRA EXCLUSIVE content like artist do (wouldnt be bad)
    1.Realize there is no secret and get back to work >.<!!!

If you understood all of this then yes, you and everyone else has the "POTENTIAL" to earn $1500 a month here at Hubpages.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/dwight.gif
    Thank you Dwight for the applause!

If there is anyone who does make $1500 a month online (or anything for that matter) that doesn't agree at all with what I said, im waiting...comment anytime you like or forever hold your peace!

Best of luck!

~thranax~

PS:I shoulda made this a Hub =[

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It all revolves around hot sweaty spherical objects, if they are not sweaty and coming away at the seams then you have not put in enough effort... and yes some people do make a living online..... but they work at this everyday... 23 hours each day..

1. Eranofu profile image63

Did you mean tits, the birdies??

2. EricaMC profile image59

Oh Thranax, I adored this. Thank you for sharing and that lawn chair is nifty! wink

3. Angel198625 profile image89
      Angel198625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL yes, you should've made this a hub

4. g37752 profile image61
      g37752posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if you cannot count beyond 1, how do you count to 1500?
      Still your only 1 thing to do is a good 1 and a hard 1 - promoting like "your dying in the desert and asking for water."

19. TomRy profile image62
    TomRyposted 11 years ago

Great answer. My vote for this to be a Hub.

20. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Yes - turn that into a hub.  Just about every week, someone posts a question wanting to know how to get rich quick on HubPages.  It's not a quick trick (the writers making sizable incomes here have been on the site for years).  While each writer has unique approaches that work for them personally, in the long run, there are no 'secrets.'. And even if there were, they could not be mastered in a short period of time.  Write well, write a lot, and follow the rules.  Don't plagiaruze, don't be rude to readers or other Hubbers, be supportive and read tons of hubs to learn.   

There's a ton of information on this site and elsewhere about SEO.  There are also excellent hubs about writing and succeeding on the site.  Do searches for those topics and read, read, read.  Then go over your hubs to look for ways to improve.  That process will never stop.  Even the most experienced writers and Hubbers here spend a lot of time refining their skills, updating old hubs, learning what Google is up to, and working hard to get even better at what they're already quite good at doing.

21. Marketing Merit profile image94
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

As others have said, there is no magic wand. A lot of it comes down to hard work and determination.

The fact that HubPages lets you know who the high earners are, gives you a head start. Study these hubs and see if you can establish a common format that might work for you. Don't plagiarise these hubs, or even write about the same topics. Use them as a guide to best practice.

I also find it much easier to write about topics which interest you. I only 'dabble' with HubPages at the moment as I have approx 30 websites of my own. This takes up most of my time. However, I firmly believe that this site is a good place to start earning money, especially for beginners.

22. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

Shakka, there are no hidden secrets but an open secret that it needs hard work and persistence to see money trickling at first and then rolling in. Write hubs regularly at least 2 hubs a week, do your keyword research for titles and tags, incorporate them wisely in the hub, read other hubs, comment on them, reply to comments, interact with other hubbers, share good hubs, be active in the community, follow good hubbers, share your hubs on social networking sites where you are active, join related groups and be active in them. Above all, appreciate others' work.
    I know from personal experience that doing all this is just not humanly possible most of the time, so you may choose what you prefer. On my part, I wish I had more time to read other hubbers' work but I find it increasingly difficult to do this as followers increase.
    Just a simple secret which all know, isn't it? Wish you good luck and happy hubbing.

23. hnjax profile image60
    hnjaxposted 11 years ago

To have your own website that isn't a part of another website site you have to pay for your domain "www.insertname.com" and web hosting.  A lot of web hosting companies normally have package deals and can be up and running for easily less than $10 a month.

24. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 11 years ago

Well, from a view perspective, you need articles that get either 100s of views or 1000s of views on a daily basis. I have seen some of my articles go very high in traffic, but they do not stay there (they eventually go down).

The hard part about making money on here is thinking of the right topics, keywords to use in Hubs, and understanding competition to a degree.

The easy part is that once you have successful hubs, you can continue to make passive income from them for a while or they may go down (essentially auto-pilot money).

However, you must set up a foundation of hubs and continue to think of more hubs that will reach high to moderate success. In my opinion and experience, it's nearly impossible to make part-time income or higher if most hubs are only receiving less than 50 views a day (Unless you have many hubs like that, CPM is very high, and they are consistent in views etc).

25. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

Some people are saying generate content with 500 words, while others are saying up to 1500 words.  I'm curious if it would be better to break a 1500 word article into three 500 word ones and perhaps expand on those?  Anyone keep track of their stats on larger compared to smaller articles?

That's because there are two schools of thought on this. 

Some time ago, one Hubber did extensive research and found that longer Hubs - 800 to 1500 words - did substantially better than shorter ones.  However, others have found that shorter Hubs (400 to 500 words) do just as well, IF you write three or four Hubs on the same topic and interlink them to each other (and I don't mean just in Groups, I mean interlinked in the text).

The bottom line seems to be that to be really successful, 1500 words on a single topic is a good target to aim for - but it doesn't really matter whether those words are all in one Hub, or split across several, provided it's all linked.

Great idea, thanks!

26. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

Yeah that makes sense.  Thanks (Reply button wouldn't work)

1. john000 profile image93
      john000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Regarding this "The bottom line seems to be that to be really successful, 1500 words on a single topic is a good target to aim for - but it doesn't really matter whether those words are all in one Hub, or split across several, provided it's all linked." I think it is right on. Very good advice.

27. ocbill profile image52
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

Use those 100 vouchers for adwords and make money. Online is for big brands now or the person who works 80 hours week online.

28. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Thank you, Marisa.

I'm not sure whether I will do well or not, because I don't seem to be able to develop proper SEO skills. However, I feel I have nothing to lose and potentially something to gain smile

I did consider Egyptology briefly, but that is a field where I really do not feel able to compete, given that there are so many heavyweights out there writing in that subject area.

I'm looking at something far nearer to home.

I think SEO skills are often misunderstood. Much of it is researching to find good subjects to write about - and if you already have a subject, that part is irrelevant.   I find that the best approach, if you've already chosen your subject, is to write the article naturally first, then check a  keyword tool to see what you might have missed.

Really?  You know the field much better than I, but I just Googled Egyptology and found only a couple of sites outside academia - neither of which impressed me.   I think there might be an opportunity for a layman's approach to do well.

29. Greekgeek profile image80
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Writeangled, Marisa has a good point. I've found precisely one Egypt-focused blog that isn't written by scholarly specialists.

Think of the Joseph Campbell / Carl Sagan angle. There are specialists, and there's the general public, and occasioslly one finds an entertainer/teacher who bridges the gap between them. Or, to put it differently, the general public is fascinated with topics like Egypt but not with dry and dusty scholarship, so they need someone to translate what scholars have discovered into something they can grok.

If you love Egyptology, but you're not steeped in PhD level knowledge, you might be able to satisfy the public's craving for "Egypt is cool!"

(Of course, it's easy for me to say that, but my mythology blog doesn't monetize all that well. We're not all as good at it as Messrs.Campbell and Sagan.)

Back to Hubpages monetization:

Dear Hubpages,
    Why is it that as I add more hubs, my daily income continues to average $1-$1.50 a day, so that I barely miss payout threshold every other month?

Sigh. My year long experiment with Hubpages is drawing to a close. I like the community and generally love the interface and presentation of content on HP, but the ROI is frustrating. Ugly interface and lots of bugs that gives me everything I need for optimizing my content and earns me $1000 a month? Or simple publishing platform, earning me only $45 a month? Decisions, decisions...

1. profile image0
      aHappierLifeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried to also, beside the HP,  have your own blog at examiner.com?
      From what I have heard, writers there make way more money!
      But you will not know for sure, until you try, of course :-)
      Or to also have a blog on Wordpress.org (not .com) it seems Google prioritizes Wordpress.org software, so you come always on top (so i have heard, but..) and then you can also have your own affiliate programs and Adwords and Adesense in your blog,  and so on

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The most money I ever made at Examiner was when I got someone to sign up under me. I haven't written their lately but now they don't even let you delete your own articles any more.

1. profile image0

Sorry, did not see your new reply :-)
          Really? Wow, how about the wordpress.org have you tried it? I mean just running also your own blog there?
          I would like to try it, but my problem is I do not have time to write an article or a blog post every single day, that is what is required i suppose, if you have your own blog, or it will fail, in the HP I like that they do not give you any pressure, so when I find time, then I can add a Hub
          I would like to hear feed back about this popular Wordpress.org and how it works for blog owners

30. freetowrite profile image70
    freetowriteposted 11 years ago

I will give you the secret that you desire. Start your own website. Learn wordpress and/or html. Write quality articles and posts. Get pictures and videos on your website. Promote your website, BY YOURSELF ONLY!!!! DO NOT buy 1000 backlinks from backlinkblaster!........Use hubpages for experimenting and secondary topics you wish to pursue, save the good stuff for your own websites.

Thank you for the information Freetowrite. I will do this. I heard that wordpress lets you build your own website for free. I have heard it enough times to give it a try.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't make a cent off free Wordpress, it's against the rules. =P

There is no "get rich quick" way on the internet.

31. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Hard work. Then more hard work... after six months, then another six months and so on... and learning... and more hard work... you'll see results.

It's taken me 2 years on Hubpages to pass $500/month.

32. aa lite profile image84
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

As somebody who's only been on HP for three months and makes about 1% of the target sum I might not know what I'm talking about, but actually I don't think there is a huge secret to making $1500 a month.  You have to become very good at keyword research and right a lot of hubs using the keywords that will bring you traffic.  You probably need more time researching the keywords than writing hubs.

If you assume a rate per millie of $5 from 1000 impressions, which doesn't seem completely crazy to me, you need 300,000 impressions a month to make $1500 a month.  That means serious traffic from search engines, I don't care how many dedicated followers you have, or how good you are at social media promotion, with those kinds of numbers you are going to have to get the bulk of your impressions from organic traffic.  So because you get 60% of the revenue you must get 480 k views a month. 

that must seem almost impossible, but....one of my hubs has just had a sudden surge of traffic, getting more than 100 views per day.  I just wrote it a month ago, I did not promotion or back link building to it.  The hub is about Wimbledon, so the traffic is going to die out soon, but.......if I could do the keyword research to make evergreen hubs with that kind of traffic, and get 100 visitors/hub on a daily basis..... That is 30, 000 views a month.  If I then write 160 such hubs....I would get the traffic that should give me $1500 a month.

The Wimbledon hub took me a couple of hours to write, so it is not impossible to write a hub a day and have the number of hubs in 160 days.  The key is to do good keyword research, learn about basic on page keyword optimisation and write original, good content.

Actually, although it looks good on paper keyword research doesn't always work well, you can't expect all your hubs to perform the way you expect them to.  But I think you can see how writing 500 good, keyword researched hubs might do the trick.  Yes it probably will take a couple of years of hard work.  I don't know if you noticed that the 'success stories' hubbers have all been here for a number of years, and they all have a very large number of hubs.

There might be SEO 'secrets' and 'tricks' that allow you to rank well for very competitive keywords, but people who know these secrets will not want to let in others.  The problem is that Google is forever trying to discover these tricks to stop them from working.  If the people who know the secrets start writing about them here, they will no longer be secret and will stop working.  But the big advantage of not using these tricks, and concentrating on quality content and good on page SEO, is that your hubs should be a lot less vulnerable to Google algorithm changes.

33. Rustedwho profile image60
    Rustedwhoposted 11 years ago

Im just happy to get 10 views a day, though i think the key to success here is tied in quality and SEO. Im new though and very inexperienced, just thought id suggest that, thanks

34. profile image0
    whackypcposted 11 years ago

Making such huge amount from hubpages will take you years. To those moving their content to personal website, i believe they are into online stuffs full time, they are willing to invest some money into it before they gain, also they're willing to write their butt off. For a part-time and newbie i'll say, stick yo your hubpages account. Because on hubpages, you don't have to struggle with seo, that alone could frustrate your blogging effort.

If you use Blogger, the only investment you have to make is less than $10 for your domain name. 

Even if you decide to go the whole hog, a year's hosting will cost you less than $100, and everything else (Wordpress.org, themes, plugins) is free.

Anyone serious about making real money from their online work, shouldn't be afraid to make that small investment.

1. profile image0
        whackypcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on the fact that it takes small amount to get the domain name and stuffs like that. What i just don't agree with is that it won't cost them money than registering for the custom domain. You have to consider the issue with search engines, spam, traffics and lots of other factors.

35. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Yep Marisa, the free WP is nothing more than a blog without being able to advertise anything, do any affiliate marketing, etc.

36. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

All the information one needs to make a success here or anywhere else is available for free if you just search, study, learn, read, work hard and keep at it.  The idea that there's some secret, 'magic' formula is very mistaken. As with anything of value and done honestly, it's all about hard work and talent.  You won't get rich spending time looking for the something that's not there.  And you can be on the best site in the world and not 'get rich' if you don't publish good, original content.

37. profile image0
    aHappierLifeposted 11 years ago

Write Angel and all,
    WOW, I love this thread, all you guys are awesome,  you are offering so many useful information
    I am very new too, i was wondering about same questions posted here, I could not find answers anywhere else
    I am still trying to figure out the following:
    Does Hubpages automatically SUBMIT OUR HUBS in Google SE?
    Or do we have to do it ourselves manually, like we do with any other website?
    Do you know the answer?
    Thank you all

1. aa lite profile image84
      aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi aHappierLife,

You actually don't have to submit any website to Google or the other search engines, Google finds them by itself, that is Google's job.  It sends out its bots, also known as spiders, to index the web all the time.  The search engines need to have an index of all the pages on the web, so they can return them whenever anybody searches for something. 

Having said that, some sites take a little bit longer to index, than others.  I find that my hubs on HubPages get indexed extremely fast, within a day or two of publishing them.  I suspect this is because the site is constantly having new content added to it, therefore I think it is on Google's 'priority list'.

To check whether your hubs have been indexed, paste a sentence from one of them in quotation marks into the search engine and see whether Google finds it.  But remember that being indexed by Google and getting Google traffic are two quite different things.  To get reasonable search engine traffic you need to show up on the first page of the search engine results for a keyword, that is quite difficult to achieve if you have a very fresh subdomain with few pages.

1. profile image0

Awesome AA Life, thank you
        I actually did a search and yes, they are indexed.  Yes I understand what you say, it makes sense, Now,  by subdomain, you are referring to each hub, correct? the main domain would be my  http://ahappierlife.hubpages.com, right?

And btw, when you guys talk about BACKLINK BUILDING are you referring to a special program like Slimlinks, or you mean that , manually, we have to go to same content websites (competitors) with high traffic, and beg them to post our links in their sites?
        I have always wondered how that really works, realistically,?
        Oh...  are those meta tags we add to our hubs the only keywords (beside title and text)  that HP includes in our HTML sources?
        When I open my source, i cannot see mine, shouldn't I be able to see them in my "Content" or anywhere else in the Source page?

Sorry, I am so new here, I like this community
        Thank you so much!!!!
        A

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think (not positive) the subdomains are our collection of hubs, not the individual hubs.  Your subdomain would be what you posted above.  The main domain would be HubPages.  Somebody correct me if I got that wrong?

The individual hubs are your pages within your subdomain.  At least, that's how I interpret it.  Paradigmsearch or GG or Write Angled can verify for us.

38. carol7777 profile image76
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

I have been reading all these threads and a little confused (due to my computer savvy challenges)..is Wordpress free??? I have a weblog there.....Also a blog at blogspot.  Not sure how these will help me siince I do not have regular followers.  Been on Hubpages for five weeks...so far posted a few on facebook and  twitter.  Actively seeking hubs and commenting...And tweeking older hubs adding keywords, changing some titles and ...well ...I would love any help I could get.  Do people actually make decent dollars here?  Well that is about a gazillion questions.  I would appreciate an answer to any of them...

39. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

There is Wordpress.org which requires you to have a domain name and hosting. You can do what you want.

Wordpress.com is free, but they limit you to what you can and cannot do, such as use affiliate links is a bit NO NO and they will shut you down.

1. profile image0

Hi , wonderful guys and girls, thanks for your feedback
      Is there any one who can reply to my previous post (about the keywords and metatags)?
      I understand that in order to have traffic, we have to do a keyword work, constantly,
      Now, where do we insert our keywords, all i can see is those Metatags that appear under the capsules, on the right side on our editing page.
      Can we access our HTML page and insert the right keywords too?
      When i open the page source on my published webpage, I do not even see the metatags that I have chosen on the right
      So, how do we know which keywords we are using in our hubs, except those we have in the text article, of course?
      Hope my question is clear
      About WORDPRESS, it has to be the .ORG one
      One person who worked for Google told me that, because it is a dynamic and interactive software, Google spider likes it and brings all the Wordpress.org sites, on top of the SE, but then, yes you need a host, but they suggest some to you which cost only #3.90 a month, so not bad
      In that way, you always come on top, and get traffic and  so, get also clicks.
      The only catch is that you have to write every single day, and I cannot, but if you guys already have a daily blog, then it should be great!
      Thank you
      A

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)