jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you prefer to keep your artistic process a secret, or do you share as you go?

1. MyGirlThursday profile image79
    MyGirlThursdayposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer to keep your artistic process a secret, or do you share as you go?

Some people think that the end product is the most important about writing, painting, filmmaking, or any other artistic endeavor, while others like to share their art while it is in development. Which do you prefer?

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I like to share. Writing, painting, color penciling, pasteling -- are all such happy experiences that it would be co-productive to my happiness to try to keep any of it bottled up.  (You also mentioned filmmaking. That's not something I'd be trying.) Great question you've asked.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

With painting i don't mind allowing others to see my work in progress although there is the problem, sometimes, of allowing fools to see unfinished work.  With writing it is different, I don't discus writing for fear of the danger of talking the story out, the brain registers that the story has already been told, now there is no need to write it.

4. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

I am more introvert than extrovert so I am lost in my own world while I create...solitary work is important part of my creative process on the other hand I love to share my way of thinking, my skills and my experience afterwards...sharing is an important part of any creative endeavour regardless of personality traits...

5. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I enjoy filmmaking and I do not like to share my product until it is finished, because if people see the whole process it loses much, if not all, of its impact. If people watch each scene as I shoot it, then they will know exactly what to expect before they see the finished product.

Closed to reply

working