Amerian Idol-Top 6---Shania Twain Week!!! Oh yeah! (Results of songs)

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I looooovvvvveeeeeee Shania Twain!!!!

http://www.twain.ch/Sound/CD_Shania_Twain.jpg

With the songs of Shania Twain...it was a given from the start that the Girls would shine and they guys would majorly struggle.

But...WoW...it was the opposite!

Lee...He was good, just not great. When I see him sing and when he awaits the judge's comments...I think of someone who just woke up after a 20 hour sleep!

Michael...This Man can sing, sing, sing!!! I agree with the Luther Vandross referrence tonight. Wow, this man will be a great soul/R&B singer.  Awesome performance tonight.

Casey James...He "Finally" showed his singing instead of standing like a statue playing a rock guitar!!! When he showcases his vocals he is a truly great singer with potential to have a great career. Casey was by far my favorite tonight!

Crystal...Hmmm, she was weak tonight. Bad song choice for her. I did not like anything about her tonight. She should be safe from all the past greatness...but tonight...she did not have it. What a shame with all the songs she could have chosen.

Aaron...When will he finally be voted off?????? He struggles week to week. Bad night for him again. (at least Terrible Tim is not still around)

Siobhan....WOW...I am shocked...dismayed...upset...angered at her...disappointed!!!!!
    She took the great song-anthem---"Any Man of Mine" and DESTROYED IT! Total Butcher Job!!!
    My ears were hurt from hearing it. You could see the unbelief look in Shania when the camera showed her during the performance. Shania looked liked she was cringing at times. Ewwwww....still hurts to even think about the  Butcher Job!!!!! She should be voted off for her murder of the song!!! Yuck!!!!!!!!! (remember Mandisa...this song got her botted off American Idol during country week)

My ranking this week from the best to worst:

1. Casey
    2. Michael
    3. Lee
    4. Crystal
    5. Aaron
    6. Siobhan...anyone who butchers a song like she did should leave the show!

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

well, I only saw the last half tonite, but...uh...you dont agree with the judges do ya?

Crystal, well, let's just say country isn't her thang.  (Janis Joplin was country?? Yah...didn't think so)

Aaron - the judges loved him tonite.  Singin country to his mama

Siobhan - Simon said the only negative thing, about the scream at the end (I soooo hoped he would call it Over Indulgent, much more so than Adam Lambert)

All in all, I agreed with the judges about these three.  I liked the way Siobhan did 'Any Man Of Mine' - except the scream.  Aaron sounded great, and Crystal sounded out of place.

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The thing is...in years past...Simon has been right even when he was rude. And for Siobhan...I love her high notes (Simon calls screams) but not on Any Man of Miine.  That song is one you do not  do that to. Shania is an Icon to Country music and that song is an  anthem song so to speak.
      I have supported Siobhan since Hollywood week and rooted for her in top 2.  But she has listened too much to the judges lately it seems and she needs to get back to what she does best (ala...Adam style) but Not on a Shania song!!!!!

3. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Imo Siobhan did the best I think Fabio was worse(guy with long blonde hair)..

What im really posting is I really really wanted to see Mike sing "I Feel Like A Women"

LOL.

~thranax~

LOL, You are talking about Casey!   Did you hear the part at the beginning where Shania was disappointed that someone didn't choose the song "Man I Feel Like A Woman?"
      Oh...Michael was awesome!

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I didn't hear that part. I saw the beginning but I wasn't focusing on it at all. I just assumed no one chose it because they would never top her singing it, it would never sound right.

~thranax~

That is why I was so against Siobhan singing Any Man of Mine. That is a song you do NOT change!!!!!! I like her, but hated her singing that song. She should be ok though. I still see her in top 3 or 4.

1. thranax profile image72
            thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a slight feeling your a little more hardcore country then I am. It sounded fine to me, although I also didn't like the screaming at the end.

~thranax~

Very true!!! I am a true Shania Twain fan!!!!! Oh, how I adore Shania!!!!!

4. profile image52
    Moviejimposted 13 years ago

She is a cutie!!

5. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Siobhan went home! Both times when a female singer sang Any Man of Mine they went home that week. Mandisa sang it and went home, now Siobhan.
    There are some songs that people should not mess with...especially change up and mess up.
    Siobhan will be fine though. She will end up with a contract after the season. She is too good of a singer to not get one.
    At least when she sang her "farewell" song she sung the way she sings best. She should have stuck with that weeks ago instead of listening to the judges.

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Didn't see this thread before --  I really think the judges influence on voters is what sends people home early - like they seem to like that kid Aaron - for who knows what reason, and so he stays even when some people far better (like Siobhan) go home!  Every year this happens. 

here's how I think it will go next week, without even seeing the performances first:

1. Crystal
    2. Michael
    3. Lee
    4. Aaron
    5. Casey (will go home)

but that's not how I would WANT it - I just think they are giving Aaron and Lee a boost and since Casey is just a fine musician without a whole lot of pizzazz, he'll go.  Too bad he seems so stiff, listening to him is great, watching him, not so great. I'd rather see Aaron go, and the next week Lee - I wanted Siobhan to stay till the last - a dual between her and Crystal.

I hope your bottom two get switched in the voting. lol
      Aaron is not that good. I hope Casey sings the way he did this past week. He is sooooo much better that way.  Like you said, he is so stiff!!! He needs to loosen up, drop the electric guitar...this is a singing competition not an instrument playing competition. If he goes back to what he has done in the past....I can see your list as being true this coming week.

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Lee reminds me of that guy a couple years ago who actually won, what was his name, the one with the gray hair? the one who danced like pinocchio?  and didn't he beat what's her name, Carrie Underwood?  weird the things that happen on that show.

Casey, I just think he is a little challenged.  You look at these kids' families in the audience and you get the idea that some of them may have had some major obstacles to get where they are!  I have mucho respect!

LOL...Carrie won American Idol over Bo Bice. That gray haired guy was Taylor Hicks. Oh, My....Lee compared to Taylor?  Lee looks like he is half asleep all the time to me. He has an awesome voice, but he needs some energy.
      I believe Casey will be a great singer. He should pursue Country. He would fit that genre, especially with the image.

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Casey is like a lot of musicians I've known - very proficient and a little shy - performing seems to be something of a torture for them, but they live for music.  He is excellent on the guitar and his voice is great too, but he is definitely not bouncy.  I like him, but then, I like lots of different music and not necessarily "pop" music, so its weird that I'm even into following this show.  It kind of sucks you in, you know?  that guy Aaron, the kid, is just so very young and I don't like his style, even if he was older and more experienced I wouldn't like it.  Why do I even care?  vicarious thrills I guess.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)