How do you feel about Casey James voted off Idol?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I was disappointed.  To say the least.  Especially after Lee Dwyze murdered that beautiful Cohen song with his off key singing (as usual he was so flat)   I think Casey was a better performer, much better as a guitarist and 100% better as a singer.  Did the judges set this up?  Looked like it to me.  What do you think?

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

and if you don't care, why don't you care?  Is it because of the show, the performers or TV in general?  Is it because you don't want to talk about it you're so broken up over it?  Or are you just sick of seeing my posts in the forums?  big_smile  or all of the above!

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

I am severely annoyed and as protest, I am not watching the finale (unless adam lambert is in it) glad to know I am not alone.

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep - I almost won't watch it - we'll see if I'm able to resist!  I like Crystal - but I wish she would get her teeth fixed - is that some kind of statement she's making?  surely she has enough money now to do it?  or at least whiten them some?  It detracts from her performance, seriously.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am also wondering about the d--- teeth. What is with that? Also just because she's good doesn't mean I am interested in her brand of music. I really really think Casey and Da Wyze are worth listening to on a long drive,you know. So maybe I'll vote for De Wyze just because I'm not interested in Crystal's teeth. yeah, how's that for deep?

1. mega1 profile image79

no!  Crystal is the better musician between her and Dwyze - if you listen to him closely you'll see what I mean - he has no depth, no range, no real musicality - he is basically a rock and role musician who has not much personality.  and he cannot sing well - he can't even hit the notes.  I have no idea why the judges like "that raspy quality" they kept mentioning - crazy!  Whereas, Crystal can sing, really sing and had personality and can sing several kinds of music really well.

But Casey was the only one that I could listen to a whole CD and not get tired of his sound - of course he sounds a lot like Huey Lewis and some other guys - but he also is developing his own sound.  I love that he really know how to play the guitar too!

Sounds like I care a lot more than I do - lol  but it pisses me off how they run that show and contrive to make the poor impressionable public (teenage girls 12 to 17) vote the way they want them to.  I'd like to see someone do a show like this the way its supposed to be done.

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I agree that Casey is a better singer and musician, but he hasn't yet learned to "let himself go" onstage so, to me, he comes across as rather boring.  I think that could be why he hasn't connected with people as well as Lee or Crystal.

Lee does have pitch problems at times but that has steadily improved and I believe it will pretty much disappear as he gains more experience performing onstage.

1. mega1 profile image79

so you agree with the choice?

You know, at the beginning of this season I thought it was going to be so great - the talent seemed awesome - but as the weeks went by I thought the song choices were awful and then it started feeling "scripted"  did you get that feeling?  It just ceased to be a real competition.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I pretty much agree that Lee and Crystal should be in the final, although I don't personally feel that strongly about it one way or the other.  This season has been boring and ho-hum; it's hard to compete with last season and Adam Lambert.

1. mega1 profile image79

yep - I am comparing everyone to Adam - and no one can  beat his act!  Also you're right about Casey - he seems younger than he is and seemed kinda scared - altho I was always astounded at how great he is on guitar.  I think he made it look to easy - he needs to learn some showmanship.  Do people realize how hard it is to do what he does?  He's great, that's all I can say.  Crystal will win?  If I believe someone's gonna win they always lose! the curse. I'm the jinx.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Crystal is by far the most talented artist on the show, but I'm not sure she'll win.  You can never discount the teenage girl vote and all they have left is Lee.  smile

5. mrpopo profile image71
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

I've decided to boycott American Idol after Paula Abdul quit the show. First Sanjaya didn't win a couple years ago, and now the only remaining fragment of unintentional entertainment leaves?!

The show is dead to me...

1. mega1 profile image79

yep, you're right - its dead in the water.  Now what am I gonna watch?  probably nothing.  My books, music, and HP are a lot more entertaining than anything on TV  - also videos and movies - so who needs those creeps with their 30 minutes each hour of advertising - often repeated and repeated and repeated ads.!

1. mrpopo profile image71
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, tell me about it!

Now that you mention it though, ads nowadays are repeated and poorly made for the most part... some of them I can't even understand what the ad is about!

Maybe I should become one of those commercial makers... there doesn't seem to be much competition!

1. mega1 profile image79

absolutely!  the ads I see often are so strange and afterwards I have no idea what they are trying to sell.  I am so sick of seeing "Flo" the insurance girl - what company? damned if I know prudential, maybe?  My very favorite ads are those ones with the big chickens who are trying to become Foster Farms chickens - especially where they're being "plumped"!  It still makes me laugh and then I actually remember the brand name.  big_smile

1. mrpopo profile image71
            mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, I actually had never seen that commercial before! I just saw it on Youtube, that's hilarious.

But yeah, unfortunately the crappy ads nowadays outnumber the good ads by quite a bit. Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this though - it makes me feel a bit saner smile

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

ahh!  the teenage girl vote!  why did I not realize that?  Yes - well, then, that explains what happened all season long! and why women have a hard time getting votes! thanks PrettyPanther for explaining that to me.  I was really puzzled about this season especially.

7. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

I liked all three but was hoping Lee and Crystal would be the final two. I'm happy.

8. becca7176 profile image61
    becca7176posted 13 years ago

A lot of people have said that Casey is a better musician, and they are right.  I'm actually kind of shocked that the judges never blasted him for "always" having his guitar with their classic line, "After all, this is a singing competition."  To me, there is so much more to music than just vocals and Casey has that.  He is truly a gifted guitar player and more than competent singer.  I think American Idol should make the show more of a Music competition as a whole and focus a little less on just singing.  For sure, there are a lot worse singers making CD's nowadays than Casey or any of the other finalists.  I think, regardless of being cut, Casey will still have a fabulous music career where he can perhaps make some of his own choices rather than being subjected to the whims of the powers that be at Idol.

9. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

You're right - we should not feel sad for Casey - he'll do alright - I will be following his career.  And I also agree about music being the focus, not just singing - what the judges like are people they think have a "pop personality" but I don't agree with them.  I think they are stodgy in their own way, certainly repetitive in their comments - maybe the show has just gotten too predictable and boring.  I like Lee, too, but I don't think he's great at all, I think he hits too many bad notes, but maybe that's his style!  I was going to refrain from watching tonight, but I bet I won't be able to resist!  After watching every week this season, I can't miss the finale! Even if I do think they're nuts!

1. becca7176 profile image61
      becca7176posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I'll watch it too.  Perhaps if Casey had been voted off earlier, I would have given up.  But with only one week left, I think I'll tune in.

10. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

I hated it.  Casey seemed like the most marketable and the most relaxed and professional.  Oh well.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)