jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

The Doors

1. Jonathan Janco profile image67
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

Anyone else love The Doors?

One of my closest friends sings in a cover band (bar band), The Lizard King Band: A Celebration of The Doors. Whenever I see him perform, people go nuts for him like he's really Jim. Are people craving the return of the Morrison legend that badly?

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The keyboardist of your friend's band must not be thrilled. Endless organ lines that only seem cool to play if you are very, very high.

2. OutWest profile image61
      OutWestposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Love The Doors.  Legendary and timeless. But there is no returning to the past.

3. Shinkicker profile image95
      Shinkickerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Totally unique band. Nobody else sounded like them and I guess nobody has replaced the charismatic quality of Jim Morrison.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I love the Doors too. We certainly seem to have similar musical tastes smile

I don't have any great need for the return of a Jim Morrison. I just really like the music and the lyrics.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...sure do...loved JM's voice...lyrics, music...have a few of their albums i still play from time to time - when i'm in the mood

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We loved Jim's voice too but I hear they're still looking for him to put him in jail for indecent exposure! He's a bit hard to find these days! hmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ap2GNPsXPM

1. OutWest profile image61
        OutWestposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think he ever returned to Florida after that.  But I'm not 100% sure.

4. trecords0 profile image61
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Morrison was one of my favorite writers growing up.  I grew out of that because I think he acted like an idiot by destroying such a good thing.  The music of the Doors is timeless and so unique.

working