jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Things that were considered a treat when you were a child than children today ta

1. KCC Big Country profile image90
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

Things that were considered a treat when you were a child than children today take for granted

2. wordstock profile image76
    wordstockposted 8 years ago

Wish my mom were still here to make my clothes read more

3. Cathi Sutton profile image75
    Cathi Suttonposted 8 years ago

Lemon pie!  When my mother made lemon pie it was a very special treat to me.  But now days you can just buy your pie at the store and have it any day of the week.  There's nothing special about that!  Moms don't cook as much as they used to.  Myself included.  Being so busy with jobs, carpooling, and other outside activities makes it easier to buy pie than bake pie.  So we have lost those yummy smells coming from the kitchen.  Our kids don't get as many "Sunday Dinners", or as many chances to lick the spoon, after the chocolate frosting has been spread on the cupcakes.  Wow!  Maybe I'll go bake a pie!

4. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

Pizza.  Lived in a small town and the nearest pizza shop was the next town over.  And Jiffy Pop (do they still sell it?)...so much fun to see the pan puff out as the corn popped on the stove!

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

What, in past, was the Kings Prerogative ... is the Right of the Commoner ... today.

working